Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The use of the term "early doors". Where did it even originate. Isn't it just as easy to say "early on"?

People in the left lane who cut you up at roundabouts by not following the lane they are in and instead take a straight line across the inner lane and nearly taking your front wing off.

The BBC's over the top coverage of Glastonbury. OK to have one channel and possibly red button covering it but sometimes it is on 3 channels and red button.(or maybe just feels like it)

The television coverage of the UK Brexit vote which gives the reporters added opportunity to talk about "withdraw-Ring"and "withdraw-Ral".

That tall Welsh man on the Ch4 Formula 1 coverage. I miss Suzy Perry.

So Steve Jones cut you up at a roundabout on his way to Glastonbury early doors this morning?

When I find my coat, I will be withdrawring from this thread.

My broadband is good but my laptop is past its best and my VPN works maybe once in ten. I could get a stream, cower over my A4 laptop and watch it struggle but on a Sunday of a major tournament I want to sit in the pub and watch it with a pint in hand and a semblance of atmosphere. Looks like I'm the only one in this town who does.

If the pub has wifi sit in the beergarden with 5live streaming.

Cutting the grass is absolutely shite

Takes me about 45 mins to cut all mine (and it's approaching cut time just a fortnight after the last one), and that's excluding the five hours trying to replace the blue plastic bit in the strimmer because I'm a massive fail at it. Tried replicating the online how-to videos but the thing keeps coming loose every minute. Wouldn't be lying if I said I'd taken less time taking a pair of scissors to some of it. I'll be the first to admit I'm s***e when it comes to manual stuff though. :(

I got stuck on nightshift with possible the most boring person I have ever met last night. He made Monkey Tennis look interesting.

He also did that pet hate of mine, using his friends name (who I've never heard of or met) instead of saying "my friend".

Boring c**t - Tony came round to my house last night to watch the football, he's a good laugh is Tony.

Me - Who's Tony?

Boring c**t - One of my friends.

Me - *internal rage*

That's an absolute pet hate of mine also. People often do it when talking about their parents as well as if there is only one Dad out there!

Unless you're hanging out with a sibling, they're hardly likely to be calling your dad by that name, are they?

The wife appreciates your sentiments, folks - she'd no idea that was abnormal until she saw my reaction to it.

I will be more careful with my spoilers, promise   :shutup

One of the posters I like has recently started posting on the politics forum and it turns out he's on the opposite side from me on everything. Not minor stuff, we're talking good and evil. Hey ho.

One of the posters I like has recently started posting on the politics forum and it turns out he's on the opposite side from me on everything. Not minor stuff, we're talking good and evil. Hey ho.

Ooooh the mystery. Who could it be?

Oh, come on. You're hardly Darth Vader.

Ooooh the mystery. Who could it be?

I've only recently started posting on the politics forum but only a couple of posts to slate the hypocrisy of people who voted for Scottish independence because we don't want to be told what to do by another country yet get upset at the English voting to leave the EU for the same reasons.

It won't be me Welshbairn's talking about though as that was my only input.

Ever since the Scottish referendum I've pretty much steered clear of the Politics forum and talking politics in general for the above reason. I'd say a PnB vote would show the majority being Independence wanting SNP voters. I've no issue with that of course, but the amount of rage filled posts directed at No voters was quite something. And a few were incapable of having rational discussion. Though the latter was the same on both sides at times right enough.

I've only recently started posting on the politics forum but only a couple of posts to slate the hypocrisy of people who voted for Scottish independence because we don't want to be told what to do by another country yet get upset at the English voting to leave the EU for the same reasons.

Completely ignoring what I just said about not posting about politics(!) that's been my thinking on this whole debacle tbh. But case and point is quoted below as to why I wouldn't try and have a discussion about it over on the politics forum!

Ignoring the state of your post, I think it could be a man with a similar username.