Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

49 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I was watching some kids thing, with my children, about 5 years ago which relied on rhyming sore and paw. I'm still fuming. 

I lived in darkest Humberside until I was about 6 or 7 and was forever correcting my (Scottish, well-spoken) parents on pronunciations. “No mummy, it’s not vicar it’s vickah”. 

44 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Easter is a pile of crap anyway. The god-botherers bang on about how Jesus died for our sins. But isn't the whole basis of their religion that he CAME BACK TO LIFE? Not much of a sacrifice at all, is it?

Aye, and it's supposed to be all about the terrible suffering he endured, but he took the hump with the whole thing and asked his old man to put an end to it after a couple of hours. He probably suffered less than any other victim of crucifixion in history.

But, he brought us chocolate eggs afterwards, so I think he's still on the Good Guy list overall. The Christians really need to play that aspect up more.

2 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

I lived in darkest Humberside until I was about 6 or 7 and was forever correcting my (Scottish, well-spoken) parents on pronunciations. “No mummy, it’s not vicar it’s vickah”. 

I have cousins who grew up in Essex, and it took me a while as a kid to understand why the "What's a bison? It's a thing you wash your face in" joke didn't work in my weegie accent.

Edited by Mark Connolly

4 hours ago, GordonD said:

Easter is a pile of crap anyway. The god-botherers bang on about how Jesus died for our sins. But isn't the whole basis of their religion that he CAME BACK TO LIFE? Not much of a sacrifice at all, is it?

He was deid for three days. He gave up a bank holiday weekend you ungrateful b*****d.

9 hours ago, BFTD said:

Aye, and it's supposed to be all about the terrible suffering he endured, but he took the hump with the whole thing and asked his old man to put an end to it after a couple of hours. He probably suffered less than any other victim of crucifixion in history.

But, he brought us chocolate eggs afterwards, so I think he's still on the Good Guy list overall. The Christians really need to play that aspect up more.

Fucking right.  What confectionary delights did Mohammed give us?  None.

Don’t even get me started on Moses.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Fucking right.  What confectionary delights did Mohammed give us?  None.

Salman Rushdie found.

When his agent said "Salman, blend in with the fanatics and disguise yourself as an old seething Arab" I don't think he quite understood..

3 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Reading a few posts on here recently has me extremely confused - is it "In the Sea" or In the Bin"  I don't want to look foolish and use the incorrect terminoligy.........

oh, on that not is it "Simps" or "Clownshoes"....it's all just so confusing

Get in the sea.

File safely in the bin*.

*only to be used if you are a “main player” though.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Get in the sea.

File safely in the bin*.

*only to be used if you are a “main player” though.

wise words, I appreciate your feedback.  I am absolutely a minor player here so will avoid use of such language.

I was going to post all day and all night on the Covid19 thread with my contrary views but suspect that should be left to the main players too.....phew

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

My kids leaving the lid off the toothpaste.

I've actually just sent them a picture of it with lid on seeing as they only ever pay attention to things on their bloody phones.

My grandchildren used to do that, then I told them flies like to lay eggs in toothpaste which is why you have to put the lid back on. Worked. 

Just ordered a bed from 'beds.co.uk'. They said the courier company would be in touch to organise a delivery date. Premier Deliveries then send me a text telling me to pick an option from a list of dates, except none are available. I give them a call and they want an extra £30 to deliver to my address. I suggest I'll just cancel the order as I've already paid for delivery and it seems like they're chancing it. Quick, 'speak to the manager sir and see what I can do' and the delivery fee is waived and they give me a date and hang up before I can reply.

Give 'beds.co.uk' a quick call and they confirm it's now been accepted for delivery and that the courier company has, 'graciously waived their delivery charge.'

I looked up the company on TrustPilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/premierdeliveries.co.uk?b=MjAyMS0wMS0yNlQxNDo1ODowMi4wMDBafDYwMTAyZGZhNjc5ZDk3MDVjODVhMWUxY3wt

Based on this, I expect I'll have a host of issues.

Just ordered a bed from 'beds.co.uk'. They said the courier company would be in touch to organise a delivery date. Premier Deliveries then send me a text telling me to pick an option from a list of dates, except none are available. I give them a call and they want an extra £30 to deliver to my address. I suggest I'll just cancel the order as I've already paid for delivery and it seems like they're chancing it. Quick, 'speak to the manager sir and see what I can do' and the delivery fee is waived and they give me a date and hang up before I can reply.
Give 'beds.co.uk' a quick call and they confirm it's now been accepted for delivery and that the courier company has, 'graciously waived their delivery charge.'
I looked up the company on TrustPilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/premierdeliveries.co.uk?b=MjAyMS0wMS0yNlQxNDo1ODowMi4wMDBafDYwMTAyZGZhNjc5ZDk3MDVjODVhMWUxY3wt
Based on this, I expect I'll have a host of issues.
I reckon the last 5 reviews are the same person who's had a bad experience. Surely 5 separate folk can't be so bad at spelling? [emoji38]

People who talk about the importance of "getting an away goal" in a 1-0 first leg away win.

Other than potentially helping you win the tie on aggregate, it quite literally gives you no additional benefit.

Edited by Todd_is_God