Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Relatively wealthy older folk using up beds in cheap accommodation (e.g. hostels) targeted at 'youths' who find higher brow accommodation unaffordable.  

I wouldn’t stay in a hostel if it was free.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Boils my piss this. There's no excuse for a physically able person to stink so badly. The cost of living has rocketed but soap is still very cheap. 

I've no issue with 'fresh' BO but that stale stuff you described is infuriating. I wouldn't let the f**kers travel on public transport tbh. That'll be my first implementation when I become the Dictator. 

Maybe force them into the showers 

8 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Bradley Walsh saying 'You've put...' on The Chase.

Is that the best they could come up with, ffs?

Also his other repetitive catchphrases. 

"It's gotta be, innit!" and "I think your a better player than that" after a contestant does absolutely sh!t£ on the cash builder round.

47 minutes ago, ___ said:

Also his other repetitive catchphrases. 

"It's gotta be, innit!" and "I think your a better player than that" after a contestant does absolutely sh!t£ on the cash builder round.

He's still the best game show host on TV at the moment.  The competition is poor but he's miles ahead of the rest.

Stephen Mulhearn, di Campo, Armstrong, lanky bloke, EastEnders bloke, other EastEnders bloke, new romantics offspring bloke, Ben Shepherd...

22 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Bradley Walsh saying 'You've put...' on The Chase.

Is that the best they could come up with, ffs?

Anyone who watches shit like that on TV has no right to complain.

31 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

The Chase is a total stitch up from start to finish. 

Never liked quiz shows where the cast actively try to stop the contestants winning money. Eggheads is the same.

I like my quiz shows with lots of questions. The Chase delivers that for me. More questions in a minute than in most of the shows where they build up the "tension".

Walsh's poor diction and guffy accent costs me a question every other show. 

All quiz show hosts come across as faintly sinister, apart from Steven Mulhearn, who is lovely. 

12 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Airlines. Nobody believes your "gate closes 30 minutes before scheduled departure" nonsense. It's rare they even begin boarding by then. Just be honest about when things are likely to happen.

It gives them cover to refuse boarding to late arrivals, a fixed time gives clarity to everyone,

It might just be in Inverness, but pubs and restaurants seem to be a far scarcer staffed these days, especially on the weekends.  I guess it's cheaper for them to pay less wages than to deal with a few arseholes (me included) asking why it's taken 50 minutes for our starters so far.

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

All quiz show hosts come across as faintly sinister, apart from Steven Mulhearn, who is lovely. 

Nah, Mulhearn gives off "Don't you know who I am?" vibes. Reckon he'd be a complete c**t away from TV.