The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, SerieA said:

Interesting to see what team Murray decides to play on Friday.

Does Masson come in? I’d like to see Brown back in midfield but not sure if that’s an option with Murray out.

Can see Connolly taking a seat on the bench-he’s racked up minutes in the last few weeks.

Thought Hamilton and Gullan (a couple of drives forward down the left were brilliant) changed the game on Saturday. Can see one of them getting a start for Smith who has racked up the minutes this season.

Looking forward to it.

I think Dick has to be moved to CB. Masson at the other CB would allow Byrne and Brown at deep lying mid to support them. Millen at RB, and I guess McGill at LB (I’d prefer Hannah, but with Masson in the middle, seems unlikely).

That allows Stanton as a 10, Easton and Mullin wide and Hamilton up top, if fit…if he needs eased in, Vaughan to start as the 9.

9 hours ago, RR #1 said:

Who would you drop to put Brown back into midfield? If everyone is fit I don't think Brown makes it into our best 11 anymore. Seems mad saying that but I think Byrne is better and the times we've played Brown and Byrne together we've not been great.

Brown still our best CM for me. Could drop/rest Byrne or play the 2 to give the defence a bit more protection if Masson/McGill/Hannah were to play. 

7 hours ago, Always next quarter said:

Just went to buy tickets for Friday then didn't. £20 adult and £10 kids!! Simply cant spend £80 on challenge cup tickets with a run of away games coming up. Had hoped for maybe £12 and £8, bairn got offered free tickets to Pars game at his club tonight...won't be there either 😃

Same. 

Change of plans meant I was able to go but I'm not shelling out that money for the challenge cup when it's on the telly.

Madness.

12 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

He left for Dundee United weeks before I started going to games.

I was at school with his son Dean and his wife Diane took the Tuesday night Cubs in Dunnikier.

Very sad news.

Knew Dean well but I'm same age as Karen, still chat to her often, my mum worked with Diane.

I know Gordon had been in poor health for some time.

43 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Correct. Falkirk v Dundee United is the TV game. We're playing on Friday because Clyde are at 'home' to East Fife at New Douglas Park on Saturday. 

And league trumps diddy cup.

The League is what its all about for me this season.  Use the cup ties to rest our main squad.  League points are definitely more valuable than the diddy cup, and even the Scottish Cup game against THEM.  Would happily exit both tourneys to concentrate on the league.  We need to at least match what Utd are doing.

2 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

The League is what its all about for me this season.  Use the cup ties to rest our main squad.  League points are definitely more valuable than the diddy cup, and even the Scottish Cup game against THEM.  Would happily exit both tourneys to concentrate on the league.  We need to at least match what Utd are doing.

The problem we have with resting the main squad is we are limited with numbers to bring in. Yes give Gullan, Easton and Hamilton a run, put Thomson in goals but it looks like Masson and McGill may have to start anyway as we have no cover in defence.

I would love to see Corr, Matthews and Watson return but very unlikely all 3 will be anywhere near ready.

17 hours ago, Always next quarter said:

Just went to buy tickets for Friday then didn't. £20 adult and £10 kids!! Simply cant spend £80 on challenge cup tickets with a run of away games coming up. Had hoped for maybe £12 and £8, bairn got offered free tickets to Pars game at his club tonight...won't be there either 😃

23 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

£20+ or TV?

TV with a few beers

Can't blame you guys , clubs are ripping the p@sh East fife charging £18 for a league game? Just no way I'M  paying that FFS 

Another who will watch Dunfermline game on TV, gave my laddie the option of Hampden for QP game or Dunfermline game. He plumped for Hampden, probably a good decision. 

In other news Hamilton have acknowledged the cost to fans as they have two upcoming cup games at home,  us and Kelty. They've reduced their prices to £5 for everyone.....for Kelty game, not ours. They also briefly advertised our game as free entry for under 16's but have decided to scrap that.

1 hour ago, tazz1903 said:

Can't blame you guys , clubs are ripping the p@sh East fife charging £18 for a league game? Just no way I'M  paying that FFS 

Yeah it's getting worse, we're £22 for home games but £24 for Dundee Utd & Dunfermline. Friday night games on TV I'll give a miss & watch with a beer or four