The New Raith Rovers Thread

Excellent signing for Raith. I doubt we would’ve been in for him as we’re well covered for CMs but he’s better than each of the ones we have so I would’ve definitely taken him back.

4 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Why did you take Adams back FFS. Slagging his own players is only going stoke real unwanted tension. 

He wasn’t happy with the cards he was dealt, so spat the dummy and lost the dressing room so they’d want to leave. Don’t be surprised if someone like Jay Henderson rocks up with yous until the end of the season as well.

Good signing for the Ravers. He is a bit lightweight but skillful and very good at set pieces. Would have had him back in a heartbeat but we would have had to off loaded a few as we are top heavy in that department. Main surprise is that he couldnt get into what appears to be a poor Dross County team

2 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

He wasn’t happy with the cards he was dealt, so spat the dummy and lost the dressing room so they’d want to leave. Don’t be surprised if someone like Jay Henderson rocks up with yous until the end of the season as well.

That’s a bit shite mate, hopefully the club has a Plan B to recruit correctly. Good luck for the rest of the season. 

6 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

Great signing. I've wanted to see Turner at Raith since his Stranraer days when he looked a real talent. As has been mentioned we really couldn't have got a better replacement for Stanton. Pretty ridiculous we've managed to get someone of his talent in January but that'll be the Derek Adams effect and I'm not complaining. 

Another excellent piece of business by Murray, Potter et al.

Aye, always been impressed with him going back to then. Always hoped we'd be in for him but whether there was always a better offer or McGlynn inexpiicably didnt fancy him much, he always seemed to end up elsewhere.

Just now, Stardog_champion said:

That’s a bit shite mate, hopefully the club has a Plan B to recruit correctly. Good luck for the rest of the season. 

Ditto. Continue hammering IC&T and we can all be friends. 

30 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Stanton must be fucked eh?

He's out for 4 weeks so will be back for early February.

9 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Anyone seen the film The Ashcroft Entity, great film. 

No but I really like the Verve. Ashcroft is some singer...

16 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Will Byrne and Turner be allowed to play in the Scottish cup, that is the question. Great signing even if they aren't.

Didn't I read somewhere that Stanton was out for 6-8 weeks?

Turner most likely and Shaun Byrne will if Dundee have no intention to recall as that clause supposedly runs out next week 

20 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Will Byrne and Turner be allowed to play in the Scottish cup, that is the question. Great signing even if they aren't.

Didn't I read somewhere that Stanton was out for 6-8 weeks?

Doesn,t look like Turner is cup tied so dont see why he wont or cant play in the SC and unless Byrne is offski he should be permitted to play

5 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Doesn,t look like Turner is cup tied so dont see why he wont or cant play in the SC and unless Byrne is offski he should be permitted to play

Byrne wasn't allowed by Dundee to play in the SC against the Pars.

Midfield 3 of Stanton, Byrne and Turner looks pretty sensational.

Brown to play predominantly centre half it seems when Stanton back fit I'd presume, perhaps even right back. Would like us to bring in another option at left back either Stevenson or Halliday would definitely elevate the squad.

Hoping we can keep Jack Hamilton fit for the remainder of the season, be interesting to see how many he gets with a run of games injury free.

If we bring in another centre half then I've no idea how he plays it. Regardless I think it's important we freshen the squad in January as we've really dipped in performances of late.

We need a defender, there's talk of a pacy winger and if we were being spoiled another striker. 

So Murray goes out and gets a midfielder who is none of those things. 

It is an interesting one on a number of levels. 

Is Stantons injury really bad? 

Does he not rate Matthews as has been mentioned by somebody's pals auntie on here? 

Is it a ploy to weaken the position of Dundee with Byrne? 

Are we going to play a new improved Murrayball 2.0? 

I'll trust whatever vision Ian Murray has with this signing, Turner is a good proven player at this level. 

Onto Ross County, its probably hard enough for them to attract players to uproot and move that far up the country despite uncle Roy and his deep pockets. The fact they've got an utter bellend of a manager slagging players he's only seen train is just bizarre.

On 31/12/2023 at 11:15, Raith Against The Machine said:

There's a reason nobody else plays 4-1-3-2. It's horrendously unbalanced and far too forward heavy. We've been getting away with it recently because Sam Stanton, in the middle of the three, makes the whole thing work. He has an almost unique ability to operate as both the 10 and the 6 in the same midfield at the same time. Lewis Vaughan can't do it. None of our other players can. I can't actually think of any other players in the division who I'd trust to do it. Kyle Turner from last year's Thistle side is probably the closest that springs to mind. 

Thanks for reading, Gaffer x

6 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Thanks to McPake and Eric Drysdale!

Was there actually any truth to that though? Seems very unlikely. It's normal for clubs to not want a player out on loan cup tied incase they bring him back. We did it with mcneil I'm sure.