The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Ex Machina said:

I'm sure the rules are one player from a team in the same division and three from a different division so no issues there.

Excellent 👍

Hopefully Murray and Potts will let some of the young ladies out on loan. Totally destroying them sitting on a bench week in week out. Bit selfish keeping them with no intent of playing them. 

corr

masson

hannah 

the top two definitely deserve more than being bench warmers  

Hannah knew what he was signing and the chances of breaking through were very slim

Edited by mrraith71

21 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Excellent 👍

Aye so if Lee Ashcroft does come then that’s Byrne, Ashcroft and Turner within the 3 loan allocation slots from a league above but I think your allowed 5 loans total but I could be wrong in that though 

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Aye so if Lee Ashcroft does come then that’s Byrne, Ashcroft and Turner within the 3 loan allocation slots from a league above but I think your allowed 5 loans total but I could be wrong in that though 

It's three from any one club. Provided we get Ashcroft, we'd be permitted one further player from Dundee. 

You are correct on five overall loans allowed at one time though. 

Hannah won't go out on loan as Murray said that he wanted to keep him at the club for the season and develop him, Might be the same with Corr. Masson will only go out if he's guaranteed game time. Don't think we'll see Ross back at the club or Arnott. Mitchell is a weird one as he's not getting a lot of game time at Least Fife. I still think that Murray will try and develop Hannah into a centre half as he's a big laddie and also has a bit of pace about him and is still young enough to learn the position properly.

Edited by MICMAC
Spelling is rubbish

3 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

It's three from any one club. Provided we get Ashcroft, we'd be permitted one further player from Dundee. 

Ah the first part I thought you were only allowed 3 loans from a division above I didn’t realise it was from the same team 

IF a ch comes in and that’s a big IF does anyone else think Murray might be changing and going with a 3 at the back? for example if we sign Ashcroft then where does that leave Watson? As both play the same side of the defence be interesting too see anyway 

16 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Hannah won't go out on loan as Murray said that he wanted to keep him at the club for the season and develop him, Might be the same with Corr. Masson will only go out if he's guaranteed game time. Don't think we'll see Ross back at the club or Arnott. Mitchell is a weird one as he's not getting a lot of game time at Least Fife. I still think that Murray will try and develop Hannah into a centre half as he's a big laddie and also has a bit of pace about him and is still young enough to learn the position properly.

Hannah has the perfect physique to be a full back in todays game and apparently has a decent bit of pace.

Really wish Raith would start getting a few goals ahead in games so he could maybe get some more minutes on the pitch.

30 minutes ago, mrraith71 said:

Hopefully Murray and Potts will let some of the young ladies out on loan. Totally destroying them sitting on a bench week in week out. Bit selfish keeping them with no intent of playing them. 

corr

masson

hannah 

the top two definitely deserve more than being bench warmers  

Hannah knew what he was signing and the chances of breaking through were very slim

We've exceeded expectations and that comes at a cost that you can't blood in younger lads. They're all still needed as cover especially given that O'Reilly is away and we don't have a replacement. 

All of the lads will want to play but it's a tough situation. As for Hannah, he's jumped from Kirkcaldy and Dysart up to a professional club. He's gaining a lot of experience just being in and around the squad alone. He'll have his time whether it's with us or if he goes out in loan.

Just now, chris1883 said:

Obviously it'll be a loan wherever he goes, from that list we would probably be the most attractive option. Who the f**k wants to travel to ICT every week or go to Dunfermline to get crocked. 

42 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

Braw it keeps the Tiffoney dream alive as well. 

15 minutes ago, chris1883 said:

Thistle signed O’Reilly and ICT brought in Carraghers son who is a centre back on loan last night too. 

Unless those 2 are completely depleted defensively then I reckon they’ll both probably be out of the race, leaving it as a shootout with us and the Townies. 

Although going by the subtle hints and rumours I’ve heard, we may have won the race. 

39 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Braw it keeps the Tiffoney dream alive as well. 

Thistle signed O’Reilly and ICT brought in Carraghers son who is a centre back on loan last night too. 

Unless those 2 are completely depleted defensively then I reckon they’ll both probably be out of the race, leaving it as a shootout with us and the Townies. 

Although going by the subtle hints and rumours I’ve heard, we may have won the race. 

We are going to need a replacement for Neilson when he returns to Hearts

19 minutes ago, third lanark said:

We are going to need a replacement for Neilson when he returns to Hearts

Unless you’re able to convince Ashcroft to change his mind…. as others I’ve heard it’s he wants to come here/ I’m surprised he’s not away to Dunfermline as they’re in dire need of CHs 

9 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Unless you’re able to convince Ashcroft to change his mind…. as others I’ve heard it’s he wants to come here/ I’m surprised he’s not away to Dunfermline as they’re in dire need of CHs 

Yeah might well be the case he has decided to opt for Raith mate and you are just waiting to announce it.  You will definitely be getting a very good defender.

Given Dunfermlines need for a CB as well then I would be surprised if they weren’t in for OReilly earlier this week as well 

Edited by third lanark

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Someone with more knowledge than me might be able to answer this but if Dundee allow Ashcroft to go out on loan and we're in for him is that possible with us already having a player from Dundee on loan? I might as well tag the person that'll know 😝 @TxRover

2 hours ago, Ex Machina said:

I'm sure the rules are one player from a team in the same division and three from a different division so no issues there.

Ex Machina has nailed it. The only wiggle is the International Transfer, which allows exceeding that limit and defaults to the FIFA regulations (that’s Regulation 60, as referenced below):

IMG_0717.thumb.jpeg.fd3b5809e47e9ec5b37378048a8c10c9.jpeg

Just on the Hannah situation, if he went to say Cowdenbeath for example. He'd still be training at the rovers full time and playing games there on the Saturday. So it would make sense to get him some game time, players especially young ones need to play. 

31 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Yeah might well be the case he has decided to opt for Raith mate and you are just waiting to announce it.  You will definitely be getting a very good defender.

Given Dunfermlines need for a CB as well then I would be surprised if they weren’t in for OReilly earlier this week as well 

Maybe the O’Reilly signing was a Neilson replacement? If he does go back to hearts both play Left side (I think) so maybe you’d be looking at someone else to play that side? 

5 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Just on the Hannah situation, if he went to say Cowdenbeath for example. He'd still be training at the rovers full time and playing games there on the Saturday. So it would make sense to get him some game time, players especially young ones need to play. 

IM has said before, when asked, that the youngest players should spend time at the club before loans. He’s very clear about believing the importance of the younger players “learning to be footballers” at the club before learning to play the game. Hannah will have been drinking from a firehose of knowledge from all the players and managers around him right now. They want to have him establish a routine and understand the importance of everything they do before letting him out of their sight, even if it’s just down the road. Also, part-time teams train on a totally different schedule than a full time team, which interferes with the rest of the weeks training for the young player, and throws off the consistency of schedule that’s important for young players. Finally, even just sitting on the bench at a first team match is important experience early in his career.

10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

IM has said before, when asked, that the youngest players should spend time at the club before loans. He’s very clear about believing the importance of the younger players “learning to be footballers” at the club before learning to play the game. Hannah will have been drinking from a firehose of knowledge from all the players and managers around him right now. They want to have him establish a routine and understand the importance of everything they do before letting him out of their sight, even if it’s just down the road. Also, part-time teams train on a totally different schedule than a full time team, which interferes with the rest of the weeks training for the young player, and throws off the consistency of schedule that’s important for young players. Finally, even just sitting on the bench at a first team match is important experience early in his career.

Most players we send out on loan are to part-time teams with the exception of Fuckirk.