The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just about recovered from Sunday's Rock the Rovers bash :D

Huge "well done" to Quinny and the rest of the back stage team.

Another great day as always. Hope u raised plenty for your charities?

Was a good day, bit stressful with the lack of room for equipment but seemed to work well having a band stage and then a acoustic stage. Another tshirt to add to the collection :lol:

Well by the looks of things, my mate called it right by stating that we may be a better team without Baird. I can't really comment as I've only been to a couple of pre-season games and the Berwick game but it looks and sounds to me as if he's got it spot on. For all the qualities Baird did have he had his negatives; huffy wee bugger, try the odd world cup pass and for the goals he did score, he missed a fair few chances aswell.

Just wanted to see what others think of this, was looking through the Dundee threads and Baird's getting it tight and the majority think he is shit.

I think the most significant aspect of the Rovers sans-Baird is that we've now got our "number 9", Brian Graham, playing furthest forward as an out-and-out striker.

John Baird, who I remain a massive fan of, covers a lot of ground during a game, and while it has its many benefits, it often means that when the ball breaks inside the box, Baird is in the midfield or down in one of the corners.

He's like a one man equivalent of that Spanish formation at the Euros, when they played with a load of attacking midfielders and no "striker".

Well by the looks of things, my mate called it right by stating that we may be a better team without Baird. I can't really comment as I've only been to a couple of pre-season games and the Berwick game but it looks and sounds to me as if he's got it spot on. For all the qualities Baird did have he had his negatives; huffy wee bugger, try the odd world cup pass and for the goals he did score, he missed a fair few chances aswell. Just wanted to see what others think of this, was looking through the Dundee threads and Baird's getting it tight and the majority think he is shit.
Judging by what i saw in the Dee derby he seemed to be really starved of service In terms of playing for us the biggest problem was he was always playing too deep. He was a very good player for us and cant understand tho who think he was crap. Yes he missed chances but if we scored a majory of the chances he got he would of been off after 6months <BR><BR>Edit to add we do look a better team without him and Davo Edited by P.C

Could we be in a Frank Connor/Jimmy Nic scenario. Older manager puts the bones of a good team together, younger player/manager takes them to the next level? It's a nice thought

Thought about this as well. Especially after thrashing County on Tuesday night. The omens are decent.

In other news I see Willie McKay has been done for holding drugs and an extra driving ban for 18 months. Does he still sponsor one of our stands at Starks?

We've had a good start because we actually carry some sort of a threat from midfield now. We've removed Davidson which means the entire midfield doesn't have to sit so deep, therefore we can get Walker further forward. You can also add the addition of a winger to that, which has improved us big style.

There are also a couple of other factors which have carried over from last season: an attacking full-back in Thomson and Brian Graham scoring for fun. Graham's return and the arrival of Thomson on loan was most definitely where things started to turn for us; I'm glad they're continuing from where they left off.

Thought about this as well. Especially after thrashing County on Tuesday night. The omens are decent.

In other news I see Willie McKay has been done for holding drugs and an extra driving ban for 18 months. Does he still sponsor one of our stands at Starks?

I don't think he ever "sponsored" a stand. His name went up on the Railway Stand as part of some deal or another.

Egotist.

He got fined something like £6,000 and claimed he only had £70,000 in the bank.:lol:

Wool pulled over judges eyes