The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm not sure if I'd take Cardle back. On his day, absolutely terrorises defences. But the problem is that this is usually one game in every six. Anderson has probably had one of his best seasons with us, and while Conroy doesn't offer the same directness, he's done fantastic in terms of goals score, set-pieces and assists.

As for Davidson being better than Fox, I'd say he is, but I still feel we can do better than both of them without breaking the bank.

I will be utterly livid if Davidson returns. His woeful style of play held us back for years - no thanks. For all his work rate was lauded by some, seldom did it actually produce anything. He usually had about six good games a season.

Even this unsubstantiated rumour has me on the verge if boos.

I remember Davidson being the fans favourite in the Second Division for hurtling about kicking people while Sloan and Ferry, match winners, took pelters every week.

If he comes back and it's repeat process only with Conroy taking stick instead I may make a strongly worded post on the clubs' Facebook page.

I'm not sure if I'd take Cardle back. On his day, absolutely terrorises defences. But the problem is that this is usually one game in every six. Anderson has probably had one of his best seasons with us, and while Conroy doesn't offer the same directness, he's done fantastic in terms of goals score, set-pieces and assists.

As for Davidson being better than Fox, I'd say he is, but I still feel we can do better than both of them without breaking the bank.

The problem will be trying to find players who are better, and willing to play for Raith Rovers, and who are within our budget.

Amazingly, I'd be quite happy if Cardle returned too. What the f**k is going on! Absence surely make the heart grow fonder. Cup-tie Cardle, one of the men who disappears in winter. On his day he's class, though.

Edited by Scary Bear

Always been wary of over-reacting to results, but I think it's reasonable to say now that our improvement since Christmas has been genuine and not just a statistical blip.

Hat off to everyone concerned.

I'm going to hate myself for saying/thinking this as it gets my hopes up, but...5 points away from the play-off spot.

Next week's game away to Falkirk is absolutely massive.

Edited by Michael W

I'm going to hate myself for saying/thinking this as it gets my hopes up, but...5 points away from the play-off spot.

Next week's game away to Falkirk is absolutely massive.

Good luck next sat sure you can beat Falkirk but play off place don't think so with visits to Tynecasle & Ibrox still to go.

Good luck next sat sure you can beat Falkirk but play off place don't think so with visits to Tynecasle & Ibrox still to go.

This.

If we take 6pts from our next two games I might allow myself to dream but as it stands we're still long shots for the playoff place that's left.

I don't think we will either, if I'm honest. It remains an outside chance.

Having suffered an almighty mid-season slump, that we're even in the position where we are within 5 points is something to be pleased about. It is also very frustrating, as a few more points picked up during that slump would have set up a very exciting finish.

If only we hadn't been humped at home to Livingston, or lost at Dumbaton, or beat Alloa at home in October, etc etc...

A terrific turnaround for all concerned. It's probably just the Rovers doing the Rovers thing and giving us false hope for the new season, but a few clever additions and maintaining the majority of the squad might just see us in a good position to challenge for promotion through the play-offs next season.

As for this season? I think in all likelihood we could win the four games we "could" win, including at Falkirk, and lose at Ibrox and Tynecastle, and it still wouldn't be enough. Pointless discussing it unless we win next week though. At least it's nice to have a vague hope of it.

Edited by Paco