The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

It was done to death at the time that it wasn't a dive :lol: it was a clear penalty

Aye right Tom Daley will get gold in Rio if he dives as well as that.

Thing that annoyed me the most was Madden staring out the Falkirk fans in a particularly arrogant manner as he left the field at full time. That really is not on and I hope was noted by the supervisor. 

That's what I remember was madden staring us all down at the end...very odd and unlike a referee.

In terms if the pens I had a very clear view of the first and no complaints whatsoever. The second one was 50/50 and the third I honestly was shocked it was given based on both players behaving in the same manner. The baird incident was more of a pen and wasn't given. So that's three decisions out of four that went against us. Normally refs would warn players before the corner was given he seemed desperate to give them. Did he not speak with the players in the dressing room pre game to at very least warn them they were changing the way things were being done? Didn't see any given in the euros for the same.

By the way I have no complaint about the result saints were the better side and deserved the win which in a way makes our complaints more legitimate. It's not only houstie that will be watching maddens performances

You hope a referee has been noted for staring at fans in an arrogant manner :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thing that annoyed me the most was Madden staring out the Falkirk fans in a particularly arrogant manner as he left the field at full time. That really is not on and I hope was noted by the supervisor. 

Wasn't me that said that. Didn't quote right

You logged into the wrong account m8?

Here we are the start of a new season. If I'm honest, again, like last season I feel underwhelmed by our summer signings but who could have predicted what we achieved last season.

My first thought is we seem happy enough to be in the championship and I do not think we are showing much ambition. I thought with Rangers stepping up we'd have shown more intent. I feel the only way we can win the league is if teams like Hibs and Dundee United have an ordinary season and even then I think we'd struggle to actually win the league...

Kilmarnock showed us last year reaching the play offs is still miles off where we need to be in terms of depth of squad and physicality. I don't think we are as strong as last season. Can we produce the goods for a second time, time will tell.

I know people will call my view defeatist but it's only my opinion and that is based on reality. Hope I'm wrong as I certainly was last year.

Fingers crossed...COYB!

7 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I can't recall the Baird incident but, again, the general thought is that a penalty should have been given 

Not convinced about one, if Baird had continued his run he'd have had a relatively free header a few yards out, instead he turned and looked at Anderson, stopped his run and shoved his arse out.

12 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

That's what I remember was madden staring us all down at the end...very odd and unlike a referee.

Noticed this as well. Dead rats in the post hopefully

1 hour ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

John McGinn = Scotland international and 2016 Scottish Cup winner

I actually hope he keeps his place in the Scotland team.

Him and anther ex Hibee who scores plenty. (Not Cummings)

Edited by Gaz FFC