The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Rob1885 said:

Well see. Had an extra 50% budget wise his last season with Raith and regressed.

Which is fair but an increased budget at RR versus an increased budget at FFC are very different shopping lists. Anyway, time will tell.

12 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

If we go up or not, we’ll have a good re-build this summer that I don’t doubt will have us far stronger than this season. McGlynn knows the type of players/squad needed in the championship. 

Does he though? If it involves one up top and it being Gary "I can't score a tap in from six yards in a Scottish cup semi final" Oliver he can f**k right off. We played better when Alegria was up front, he might not have been the finished article but he absolutely caused problems for defences in this league and allowed other players to score and create.

Guest Caractacus Potts
12 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Ricey saying it's the best League 1 he's ever seen - one for @Caractacus Pottsmaybe :D 

I stand by what I said but not going in to it again to provide you and the usual suspects with someone to pile on. Please give it a rest.  

4 games away from promotion. It’s as much within our capability to go out and win it as it is to f**k it up. Play to the best of our ability and there’s no reason we can’t go up. Don’t turn up and we’ll get pumped out.

Worry about the rebuild necessary for the Championship if we get there. McGlynn will know we need to majorly toughen up.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Irony not your thing it would seem.

Must amuse you to gaslight others. I only responded to people just like I’m doing with this post. Not sure what else I could do but don’t worry you’ll get your wish as honestly had enough of this thread. 

28 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I stand by what I said but not going in to it again to provide you and the usual suspects with someone to pile on. Please give it a rest.  

Come on now, it was made in jest not in seriousness!  

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Come on now, it was made in jest not in seriousness!  

Sorry took it the wrong way. 

15 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Pretty sure the SPFL take a cut, they certainly used to

I think that’s just for the premiership playoffs, not 100% sure on that though. I was just disputing the point that the SPFL decide prices, which is definitely not true - it’s the home club that does.

12 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Would anyone take Kevin ohara back? Not been offered a contract at dunfermline apparently. Maybe if we are still in this league next season, dunno about the championship. 

A no from me. Not a good enough player to make up for him being a vile human being. The new board are working hard on building relationships with the community and having someone with his history representing the club would be a backward step imo.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

A no from me. Not a good enough player to make up for him being a vile human being. The new board are working hard on building relationships with the community and having someone with his history representing the club would be a backward step imo.

The “vile human being” involved an incident against the Pars right? If the club that was the victim of his infraction have forgiven him then everyone should imo 

16 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He was 18 at the time apologised to Dean and the club afterwards and had that apology accepted, that was the end of it.