The Falkirk FC Thread

Horrendous defending for Abroath's goal. Bringing everyone back for a corner to mark no one, exactly the same as last season. Get it sorted McGlynn. Other than that we've looked ok, Spencer looks a big upgrade on McGinn who I'd sub off and go two up front to get after Abroath, who've offered very little 

That 45 minutes has also reaffirmed that Oliver and Mackie should be squad players only 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

13 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I think Oliver would we be a real asset in midfield. He has the brain and the legs and keeps it simple.

He's a very smart player and uses the ball very well. Just not a finisher.

It’s all about opinions but not for me. I’d rather see Lawal given the opportunity.

Oliver is the one player that really divides opinion amongst our fans though.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

14 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s all about opinions but not for me. I’d rather see Lawal given the opportunity.

Oliver is the one player that really divides opinion amongst our fans though.

Nesbitt?

Edited by Bairn in Exile

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Still feel that out lack of physicality in the middle of the park may come back to haunt us again this season. Really need that bruiser in midfield.

There is still time in the window. I’d like to see a more physical midfielder and a right back come in before the league games start.

I also think that McCann and Miller could like up well on the left given that Miller has played  left back before and would have the positional sense to cover McCann at times.

I’d have tried a front 2 of MacIver and Allan as well.

Again, the manager might see things completely different from me.

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Still feel that out lack of physicality in the middle of the park may come back to haunt us again this season. Really need that bruiser in midfield.

I still think we're very short of creativity. Appreciate that's expensive but we just look pedestrian to me. 

Pre season can be very misleading though. 

29 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Said that previously. Teams will walk through us if they mix it. Was the same last season 

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

Same as last year. Slow out of defence and little movement up front. You can have the best defenders in Scotland but if they're all told to stand on spots like statues for corners, teams will walk through us. 

He needs to ditch the zonal marking pish. It cost us goals last season and will again this season.