The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Found that too, guy next to us stated that we'd be better with Connor Sammon over McIver, who was 'shit all game'. 

some of our fans are absolute odd balls 

An insult to odd balls!

When we challenged him he started shouting 'are you happy with this shit'? I said, 'who said we're happy, but FFS, give them a break' (or words to that effect). He then started moaning about the Airdrie play-off and McGlynn, who he'd been slagging during most of the 2nd half. Some fans just seem to want us to do badly so they can moan and show how right they are. Reminds me of one or two folk on here actually!

For the first time in 5 seasons we finally seem to be getting our shit together, so why don't we all get behind the team instead of moaning? If that guy and guys like him think we're going to be brilliant in every game, I've got news for them!

2 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Found that too, guy next to us stated that we'd be better with Connor Sammon over McIver, who was 'shit all game'. 

some of our fans are absolute odd balls 

As an Accies fan I agree. Please replace McIver with Sammon. 

Crowdwank Alert!

We had the 4th highest attendance in Scottish football yesterday. 

To the 364 Accies supporters in attendance, we couldn't have done it without you (well, actually, we could, we'd still have been the 4th highest without your fans 😋).

WE. ARE. FUCKING. MASSIVE.

8 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I felt like there was a few starting to today.

Noticeable that there was a few divits out on a day ticket excursion. Had a couple of coconuts not far away with a constant abuse/moaning start to game finish.
Yes absolutely agree that we didn’t play well, and yes Alfie and Spencer both poor, but Donaldsons early booking had an immediate effect across the middle. On the positive thought Yeats & Lang were superb. Not to disappointed but was always going to be both teams not to lose. 
Praise where due, Accies Martin was class all day, superb movement, passing and awareness. 

my tuppence.

Hamilton set out to stifle us and make sure they didn't lose which they did very successfully. The stats however show Hamilton having more possession and more shots on target which it didn't feel like watching  the game. In the end we're still top so well done to the team and we can go into the cup game on a brilliant undefeated run.

It's going to be very close this season eith both teams not dropping too many points and I expect our visit to New Douglas park on 16th Dec to be another 6 pointer and top of the league decider.

I'm being positive about yesterday's result in what were horrible comditions.

8 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

my tuppence.

Hamilton set out to stifle us and make sure they didn't lose which they did very successfully. The stats however show Hamilton having more possession and more shots on target which it didn't feel like watching  the game. In the end we're still top so well done to the team and we can go into the cup game on a brilliant undefeated run.

It's going to be very close this season eith both teams not dropping too many points and I expect our visit to New Douglas park on 16th Dec to be another 6 pointer and top of the league decider.

I'm being positive about yesterday's result in what were horrible comditions.

🙌

League One this season is as bad a standard as it’s been since we’ve been down. The other full-time teams are closer to relegation than promotion right now. It means the importance of these head to heads are higher because Hamilton aren’t going to drop a lot of points. 

5 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Crowdwank Alert!

We had the 4th highest attendance in Scottish football yesterday. 

To the 364 Accies supporters in attendance, we couldn't have done it without you (well, actually, we could, we'd still have been the 4th highest without your fans 😋).

WE. ARE. FUCKING. MASSIVE.

Given the number of fixtures yesterday, this isn’t a big deal. To be honest,, that Raith crowd of near 7000 is much more impressive.

Was a pretty turgid affair yesterday, conditions certainly played a part in that.

Thought we might cancel each other out and that happened. However I really was not impressed with Hamilton.

If that is going to be our main challengers this season then bring it on.

I see a few people saying they can't see them dropping many points over the season.

I would disagree with that. Yes they seem pretty solid but are seriously lacking up front.

O'Hara will never make double figures and I thought Henderson was totally dominated by our defence.

We do have more attacking options and seem to be pretty solid at the back. Lang is an absolute beast.

We keep our main men fit and I think we are favourites to go up.

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Noticeable that there was a few divits out on a day ticket excursion. Had a couple of coconuts not far away with a constant abuse/moaning start to game finish.

Very noticeable yesterday. A completely different feel to the last few weeks.

I suppose that's the trade-off of encouraging a bigger crowd versus organically growing it over the course. If there is such a thing as a "cup final element" who want to attach themselves to instant success and will drift away again when results dip then they were out in force yesterday evening.

Can we revise the KM sales to ST only and send them to the Main Stand instead 🙄

As for the game I thought we took it to them early and had we made the breakthrough they would have been in for a long night. As it was, the best chances fell to Hendo and the lack of shots from range or when we did in the conditions wasn't good enough to test their keeper.

Yesterday we were crying out for Miller. He's clever with the ball and has the ability to open up the opposition, which we desperately lacked yesterday. If it’s Hamilton we got to get our noses in front of, bring it on. They’ve got a decent midfield, but nothing to fear. 
Noticeable increase in players faking injury with little or no contact, thought refs were to nail these acts early doors? And what’s with the linesmen nowadays, lost count of some appalling challenges no more than a metre away and they simply look away ? 

10 minutes ago, Springfield said:

And what’s with the linesmen nowadays, lost count of some appalling challenges no more than a metre away and they simply look away ? 

Was about to edit my post to mention that. 

Wrestling at the end and nothing from the nearest linesman! 

I couldn't care if the ref books our player in that scenario as something's gone on to make the two teams players go down off-the-ball but for none of the officials to spot it, or if they have to flag it, is so poor.

As we saw in the debacle in England last week there quite rightly is a feeling they make it up as they go along and are happy to hide behind "interpretation" and human error to absolve themselves of responsibility.

A fair result and an OK point imo. We still have the better GD and were missing two important attackers who could have helped change things up towards the end. Only having 5 on the bench isn't ideal, but I thought McGlynn could have been braver and brought on Lawal earlier. A long way to go in this title race.

13 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

See it was a grand total of 364 which is an amazing turnout for a team of Accies’ size. All I can say is good job they’ve sold a couple of youngsters in last transfer window as that level of support can’t be sustainable in medium term. 

That level of support has been sustainable for years so not sure why it would change now. We actually sold 4 young lads in the summer and believe we got about £700k plus add ons for them.

Bit surprised to read some fans really slate that performance yesterday on Twitter for example. 

Hamilton were essentially Dunfermline Mark II from last season and it used to be standard we'd be bullied into a 1-0 defeat 4 times a season. Doesn't feel like that now.

I thought it was a pretty credible effort in conditions that probably suited Hamilton's style more than ours. 

Great first quarter of the season.

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Bit surprised to read some fans really slate that performance yesterday on Twitter for example. 

Hamilton were essentially Dunfermline Mark II from last season and it used to be standard we'd be bullied into a 1-0 defeat 4 times a season. Doesn't feel like that now.

I thought it was a pretty credible effort in conditions that probably suited Hamilton's style more than ours. 

Great first quarter of the season.

That's my thoughts as well. Last season we lose that game without a doubt. But we weren't at our best and other than some long range efforts Hamilton didn't really trouble us.

Still top, still unbeaten and we just need to get back to our best and keep winning in a few weeks and see how things go. 

My positive is we didn't lose it in the last 10mins like previously, however I think they are more solid from midfield backwards than us which will make the next quarter interesting. Although to probably contradict this, I thought we were the better team yesterday, so Im probably talking sh*t.

2 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

A fair result and an OK point imo. We still have the better GD and were missing two important attackers who could have helped change things up towards the end. Only having 5 on the bench isn't ideal, but I thought McGlynn could have been braver and brought on Lawal earlier. A long way to go in this title race.

Miller obviously being one of them, but I was scratching my head trying to think of who the other attacker is. I presume you mean Nesbitt? I thought we missed his energy in midfield yesterday. Oliver is OK but he doesn't have the same energy or pace in there and I thought that the midfield was quite ponderous all game.