The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Are you lot ever happy? We would kill for a progressive board of directors like yours. They can’t get everything right 

We seem to have a fairly high percentage of fuds in our support. 

Edited by grumpyoldman

Just now, Watson Nimrod said:

Are you lot ever happy? We would kill for a progressive board of directors like yours. They can’t get everything right 

Most of us are.

Some have agendas when it comes to boards, either past or present, but if there's way for things to be better it's not unreasonable to raise it. 

If the lack of covers WAS a mistake, then I'd rather have a CEO and BOD that engages with the fans and admits them.  As a former employee once said to me, "everyone makes mistakes but when you work at a football club the whole world notices them". 

Personally I'm happy as long as we have people that are reasonably competent, doing their best and are in it for the right reasons: ie to improve the club rather than being on an ego trip. 

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Personally I'm happy as long as we have people that are reasonably competent, doing their best and are in it for the right reasons: ie to improve the club rather than being on an ego trip. 

Thankfully, and it’s been a fair while coming, I’m firmly of the view that’s what we have now. Mistakes are fine, we all make them. 

Guest FFC1965

Jamie Swinney shouldn't use his personal social media to cover club business.    

I don't follow him on twitter (but I do follow the official FFC account) and the helpful explanation on his personal account which I've found here via P&B should have appeared on the clubs account.

Bottom line today is that Stenny got their game on 3 miles away and we didn't - that's embarrassing and potentially damaging to the clubs season (if we make it to the SPFL Trust Final and get a decent Scottish Cup run we'll have umpteen midweek games and that's before any other bad weather).  I'd expect an explanation from the club.  

As a slight aside as part of my day job I act as an independent grievance adjudicator for one of the UKs biggest employers.  Id estimate that around 3/4 of the cases I'm involved in relate to people inappropriately commenting on their employers business via their own personal social media.  Its an uncontrolled accident waiting to happen in any walk of life and I thought the current Board (who strike me as pretty clued up and professional generally) would have knocked this on the head long before now.  

Edited by FFC1965

14 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

Bottom line today is that Stenny got their game on 3 miles away and we didn't - that's embarrassing and potentially damaging to the clubs season (if we make it to the SPFL Trust Final and get a decent Scottish Cup run we'll have umpteen midweek games and that's before any other bad weather).  I'd expect an explanation from the club.  

Not to sure that we will get anything after the CEO Twitter postings. 

1 hour ago, FFC1965 said:

I don't follow him on twitter (but I do follow the official FFC account) and the helpful explanation on his personal account which I've found here via P&B should have appeared on the clubs account.

As a slight aside as part of my day job I act as an independent grievance adjudicator for one of the UKs biggest employers.  Id estimate that around 3/4 of the cases I'm involved in relate to people inappropriately commenting on their employers business via their own personal social media.  Its an uncontrolled accident waiting to happen in any walk of life and I thought the current Board (who strike me as pretty clued up and professional generally) would have knocked this on the head long before now.  

Holy shit you really are a miserable twat.

1 hour ago, FFC1965 said:

He's very open in responding to questions which the fans fire at him on social media. Should he step away from it and become an online recluse? Delete all his accounts and never be contactable unless someone speaks to him in person? 

I don't agree. He answers questions and gives details in response to queries which official club channels probably wont. Because they must get hundreds of questions fired at them on days like this. 

The club told us the game was off and explained the (very obvious) reasons why. I'm not sure how you can criticise JS for elaborating on that. 

Personally I think it’s a breath of fresh air and to be applauded. You only hear from our board when they appoint dubious ex councillors or haven’t sold out corporate 🤣.

Our fans are about 7th or 8th in the hierarchy of importance and they wonder why our support is stagnating. 

Edited by Watson Nimrod

Iv not been on here today at all, but I cant believe the level of anger because a game was called off due to weather conditions. It literally happens every season, plus multiple games were called off as a result of said weather. Yet people are theorising over possible conspiracies as to why the club didn't even try to clear the pitch and the massive area surrounding the stadium.

Then you add in that Hamilton won their game against a rancid QoS team and all of a sudden our season has been derailed and we are going to get relegated and end up in the lowland leagues.

7 hours ago, glasgow_bairn said:

Iv not been on here today at all, but I cant believe the level of anger because a game was called off due to weather conditions. It literally happens every season, plus multiple games were called off as a result of said weather. Yet people are theorising over possible conspiracies as to why the club didn't even try to clear the pitch and the massive area surrounding the stadium.

Then you add in that Hamilton won their game against a rancid QoS team and all of a sudden our season has been derailed and we are going to get relegated and end up in the lowland leagues.

The club has a major sponsor who offers to clear the surrounds if this ever happens. The surrounds would not have been an issue. 

Edited by BPM Again

Jesus wept.  I for one am glad I was able to sit in the warmth of my home yesterday afternoon watching the football on the TV instead of freezing my nad's off at TFS watching players run around on a frozen pitch.  22 games to go so anyone thinking that this will make any difference in who wins the league is deluded. 

The only thing us not playing yesterday does is add on a bit of pressure but we've shown this season we have the right characters in the squad to deal with that.

4 wins from 4 from the rest of December's fixtures should be the aim then a further strengthening of the squad in January to push us on again.

Kelty (H)
Hamilton (A)
Annan (A)
Stirling (H)

15 hours ago, Springfield said:

Find this incredibly difficult to understand. Not knowing the facts but this borders on utter negligence by the BOD. We were told that there was due diligence done when purchasing the new pitch. The club explained that they went to the end of a fart when considering who was getting the contract. At what point did anyone consider suitable weather proofing-suitable covering when the winter set in ? 

Not knowing the facts but I will make a judgement anyway. 🤷‍♂️
FWIW I would liked to have seen us appear to make more effort yesterday to get it on. Can’t help think it was the Cove travelling that was the main reason 

Edited by BPM Again