The Falkirk FC Thread

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Definitely need a left sided centre back but Paul Hanlon's always looked murder against us.

Raith fans are chomping at the bit for him and Stevenson so hopefully that's where they both end up.

Not sure if Hanlon at this stage in his career would be an upgrade on what we already have at left sided centre back or left back, I’d actually prefer us just to give Mackie a years extension however if there is truth in it I’m happy to trust Mcglynn given his record so far in recruitment. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

55 minutes ago, CAL FERRIE IN GOALS said:

Alright Falkirk, who are yous most looking forward to playing next season in the Championship?

Montrose

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I'd like to thank you for putting your own money in this.  You did a good thing for the rest of us.

Thank you. I love this football club and would do anything to help that I can. TBF we have had fantastic exposure from it and the business has had one or two nice enquiries related to the association with the club. 

Edited by BPM

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

McGlynn has mooted we would be going with two younger keepers again one being a loan to save on the budget. That's what I expect to happen. I just hope we don't get drawn into another contractual stipulation that we did with Long in regards to game time. 

We didn’t 

23 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Hanlon would provide vast amount of experience considering the career he’s had. Like McGinn, it’s something you can’t get from younger players.

My arguements against are almost identical to when we were on here talking about signing Berra when he was leaving Hearts.

McGlynn then signed Berra for Raith so it wouldn't be too far fetched a signing.

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

🆕🎙️EP:87 INVINCIBLES 

🔵 Review Trophy Day & the 2-2 draw versus Alloa Athletic with guest pundits Mark, Dougie & Iain from our sponsors Falkirk FFIT T8’s 🐝
⚪️ Pre & Post match emotions 😢🍻
🔵 Falkirk Daft LIVE at Behind The Wall 🎤
⚪️ McKenna & Hanlon? 👀🏻
🔵 PLUS all the latest Bairns news including Season ticket sales, FFC new merch & Falkirk Women 🗞️

Thank you to everyone who has watched or downloaded the podcast this season - well over 2,000 every single week. Outstanding 👏🏻

Expect the unexpected ✊🏼

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_9364.thumb.jpeg.5b9395f0056e68f3e34b92953242c686.jpeg

Well done lads and thanks for putting the time and effort into this all season. 

55 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Hanlon would provide vast amount of experience considering the career he’s had. Like McGinn, it’s something you can’t get from younger players.

Agree- it’s great having a young squad but you need to have experienced players alongside them. 

No idea if the rumour is true but personally think it would be a fantastic signing.

3 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

We already have a goalie coach, we’re not just going to invent a role for someone. 

We do? Oh, right, wouldn’t have known.

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

We already have enough CH cover , with Coll, Lang, Mackie, Henderson & MacIver. Don’t need to invent a role for another.

Kiddy just reached the point now where you've been pulled up for terrible points so many times you have to start trolling then pretending you were all along aye?

1 minute ago, kiddy said:

We already have enough CH cover , with Coll, Lang, Mackie, Henderson & MacIver. Don’t need to invent a role for another.

McIver's a striker, no one sets a squad and says 'don't worry about defence, we have a striker who can cover'.

Also , as mucb ad Mackie had been brilliant in the last few games he has a faulty 'kill switch' and can be really unpredictable in key moments.

Everything has to be considered in the terms of the Championship being a real step up and we can't cobble players into positions tor nor have quality cover for the standard of  the league you're in

2 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Season starts 3rd August - 89 days of yawning emptiness awaits with no sport. 24 Saturdays to find something else to do. 

Just the 13 Saturdays buddy. 

When do the fixtures get released?