The Falkirk FC Thread

Two days removed and I'm checking the club website to make sure it wasn't all just some sort of group hallucination.

Looking at that squad, and for the first time in years I can't help but be genuinely optimistic.  Might even try to make it to a couple of pre-season games. Last time I did that I think we played Man City at Brockville. :whistle

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

I remember Harris won a 10 yard dash for a Mars bar or something and many people (possibly including yourself) were on here saying it meant he was a great signing, and the Alex Harris truthers were all wrong. 

I must admit I was one foot in that camp, after hearing he produced the fastest recorded time we have had I thought at least he has one attribute the others can be worked on. Oh how wrong I was. Will gladly take 10 lashings for that small glimmer of hope. 

I think it's safe to say though (or at least I fucking hope so) sammut is more than just fit (both senses of the word) with him saying he sees himself as a box to box midfielder, it bodes well that his fitness is at a premium right from the off. 

13 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I must admit I was one foot in that camp, after hearing he produced the fastest recorded time we have had I thought at least he has one attribute the others can be worked on. Oh how wrong I was. Will gladly take 10 lashings for that small glimmer of hope. 

I think it's safe to say though (or at least I fucking hope so) sammut is more than just fit (both senses of the word) with him saying he sees himself as a box to box midfielder, it bodes well that his fitness is at a premium right from the off. 

Ah see I knew he was shite fae day one.

9 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Cheers Gaz. It's nice to be appreciated on here, given that the media person who did all the work yesterday was kicked off the COYB facebook page and so won't have seen any of the praise. As was I. 

It was during the bad results towards the end of Houstons reign. I think the justification was along the lines of "we'll ban everyone associated with the club just to let them know that we mean business".

Hmmn. Quite what you achieve by removing  fellow fans from a fans website was never clear to me. :unsure:

Hey ho, as BPM would say.

To be fair you aren't missing anything on the facebook page just constant re-posts of what the club is putting on their FB & twitter, a couple of people still spouting the Craig Sibbald conspiracy theory, a few folk moaning about not having a RWB + lack of strikers, people still thinking the Benny T's thing is funny and pictures of Falkirk towels and hats in some grotty Benidorm beach!!

5 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

To be fair you aren't missing anything on the facebook page just constant re-posts of what the club is putting on their FB & twitter, a couple of people still spouting the Craig Sibbald conspiracy theory, a few folk moaning about not having a RWB + lack of strikers, people still thinking the Benny T's thing is funny and pictures of Falkirk towels and hats in some grotty Benidorm beach!!

While that's true, it's sometimes amazing to see the complete zoomers in the support.