The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Not for me. 19/20 we were a point off top and still had Raith to play at home.

Miller and McCracken have got us closer to getting out of this league than their 4 more experienced counterparts. 

Well I did say it could be argued to be more acceptable, because this time you didn't lose out, in the league season, to a much smaller club.

That season, albeit in unusually truncated circumstances, you did.

Guest Ecosse83
26 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

Any chance of an end of season update? Please end our suffering with Brad McKay. He alone is a reason not to buy a season ticket. 

Donaldson has probably made more mistakes in the last month than Mackay has all season, wouldn’t mind them both being moved on but that’s obviously not going to happen 😩

49 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Let’s just see what the next few weeks bring. We can speculate till the cows come home, but like many, dreading confirmation that the likes of, PJ/ Kinnear / McKay / Donaldson / Oliver / McGinn / have been kept ( not sold or moved) and players like Morrison seeing out his final year. 
Hope I’m wrong…….

It is inevitable some of the squad will be there. There are all no where as bad as we saw in the last few weeks

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I wasn’t giving Gary Deans a bolt. Too many backed the little toad and see where it got us. The club is OWNED by the fans, not my pals and if the fans collectively want shot of them then that’s democracy. 

The club is owned by SOME fans.  It's not a democracy when you have to pay £10k to have a say in removing one of the patron directors.

Always a laugh telling others not to buy season tickets when you don't have one yourself.

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Aye I’m hoping Oliver is gone. It would be a worry if his deal is extended after what he has offered this season. There is surely better out there than him! 

Burrell I’m not too fussed on but would be interested to see Lawal get more minutes next season. 

Agree, if he keeps Oliver it sets a negative precedent ie. He’s happy to continue with a centre forward who scores very few goals.

However, I would not be surprised if McGlynn extends Oliver’s contract.

On 14/05/2023 at 20:12, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m surprised at that - I don’t rate the guy at all.

Unfortunately being a league one club we can't have a full squad of players all top quality. We have to have bodies that can do a job on an as needed basis and are versatile. Players like Oliver and nesbitt fit that bill and mean more of the budget can be spent on starters with a smaller squad. 

1 hour ago, RC_Bairn said:

The club is owned by SOME fans.  It's not a democracy when you have to pay £10k to have a say in removing one of the patron directors.

Always a laugh telling others not to buy season tickets when you don't have one yourself.

He lives in South Yorkshire and has contributed greatly to the club over many years both personally and through his business.

Not really fair having a dig about season tickets in the grand scheme of things.

Mcginn needs a runner in the midfield beside him to do all the work so that he can orchestrate things . This season he's had to cover far too much ground resorting in him being fecked by the turn of the year. Donaldson I reckon would be fine with a talker and leader beside him . Like most of our defenders they tend to go downhill playing beside Mackay. No surprise that McCann's performances later in the season weren't a patch on his earlier ones with Mackay getting a run on that left side of the central defence beside him.  Burrell I wouldn't be gutted if he moved on. Bit hit or miss. Lawal I hope we keep. He's had to learn a lot this season having played at no real level before and probably would've got more game time but struggled with injuries.  Wouldn't have an issue with MacDonald coming in . Like most keepers he had the odd clanger bit was pretty decent in the main and has the experience we badly need back there.

13 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Unfortunately being a league one club we can't have a full squad of players all top quality. We have to have bodies that can do a job on an as needed basis and are versatile. Players like Oliver and nesbitt fit that bill and mean more of the budget can be spent on starters with a smaller squad. 

Nesbitt adds energy and Oliver adds experience but both severely lack in end product. All the games Oliver started in last season and he only managed 6 goals and 3 assists in the league.

Alegria got 6 goals and 3 assists in 16 games.

Edited by FFC 1876

6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Mcginn needs a runner in the midfield beside him to do all the work so that he can orchestrate things . This season he's had to cover far too much ground resorting in him being fecked by the turn of the year. Donaldson I reckon would be fine with a talker and leader beside him . Like most of our defenders they tend to go downhill playing beside Mackay. No surprise that McCann's performances later in the season weren't a patch on his earlier ones with Mackay getting a run on that left side of the central defence beside him.  Burrell I wouldn't be gutted if he moved on. Bit hit or miss. Lawal I hope we keep. He's had to learn a lot this season having played at no real level before and probably would've got more game time but struggled with injuries.  Wouldn't have an issue with MacDonald coming in . Like most keepers he had the odd clanger bit was pretty decent in the main and has the experience we badly need back there.

Agree with pretty much all of this but I am far from convinced about Burrell.

Just to clarify for everyone why there are always opposition fans on our thread giving it large. It's because we are absolutely BOX OFFICE.

Granted the last few years have been more 'big mommas house 2' than 'Guardians of the galaxy' but BOX OFFICE none the less. 

1 hour ago, RC_Bairn said:

98% of the people on here all want the club to succeed, 2% just want to moan and find fault with everyone and anything.

25 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

`i agree McKay is the constant when we're shipping goals. He has to go.  

Lawal is only worth keeping if McGlynn finds a formation where he starts/plays much more than he has been.  

47 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yeats is the natural match-up with McGinn to do the legwork you talk about together with Henderson and A N Other it's the basis of a midfield unit. Whether it is good enough to get promotion is another thing.

20 minutes ago, Trump said:

Hearing we are looking at Alex Ferguson (no, not that one) on loan from St Johnstone from next season. Scored 6 goals and 12 assists for East Fife from midfield this season whilst out on loan, if he’s anything like our last midfield loan signing from Perth I’ll take that.

Maybe Max might fancy coming back with him and build a good partnership for the future? 

8 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

To add on to my original post, I think that even if we go up that McGlynn should leave upon expiry of  his contract as I don't think he's the guy to progress us past the championship. Unless we absolutely blitz the league next season.

"Progress us past the championship"

Holy f*ck.