Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

14 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Wireless printers. Useless fucking lazy articles that can f**k right off. Print when they want to, and don’t offer up any reason as to why they are not.

Tell me about it.

Just realised that I've agreed to work a night shift and won't be able to see the Scotland game tonight.

Inevitable that we'll batter the Dutch now that I know this, so enjoy!

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Is it weird that I didn't notice any of this?

Where's this search tab?

Top left corner before the first open tab.

Windows version of Chrome.

If yours hasn't changed in the past year at all the its possible Google Update service is not running, or your Chrome hasn't updated and relaunched yet. March update was released on Wednesday, but mine didn't update until this morning.

4 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Top left corner before the first open tab.

Windows version of Chrome.

If yours hasn't changed in the past year at all the its possible Google Update service is not running, or your Chrome hasn't updated and relaunched yet. March update was released on Wednesday, but mine didn't update until this morning.

Huh. So that's what that's for.

I'd take a screenshot, but nobody wants to see my horrifying closed tab history.

Being an old cnut, technology isn't my strong point. Got a new phone the other day and when I'm scrolling this forums on this site the topics seem to stick/repeat themselves and kinda overwrite the next on the list (sew below).

Is there a setting I can change to rectify this? Most other sites I've uses seem OK. 

Screenshot_20240322_124147_Chrome.thumb.jpg.005396503bbff8f5e7227aeb1bdca3b5.jpg

44 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Huh. So that's what that's for.

I'd take a screenshot, but nobody wants to see my horrifying closed tab history.

Yewtree informed...

30 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Being an old cnut, technology isn't my strong point. Got a new phone the other day and when I'm scrolling this forums on this site the topics seem to stick/repeat themselves and kinda overwrite the next on the list (sew below).

Is there a setting I can change to rectify this? Most other sites I've uses seem OK. 

Screenshot_20240322_124147_Chrome.thumb.jpg.005396503bbff8f5e7227aeb1bdca3b5.jpg

I similarly know hee-haw about phones, but I'd make sure the browser's updated if it's a new phone. That tearing thing looks like a bug that might have been fixed. If not, see if it happens on a different browser (all the cool kids use Edge).

1 minute ago, mathematics said:

You monster.

Others are probably available - you can Bing their names.

Managed to get a Dr's appointment booked today for 9am on Tuesday. Speaking to my other half's mum, she asked if I'd got an appointment and once I'd confirmed that I had indeed managed that really difficult task, told her the where and when only to be met with the reply of "you'll need to leave the house early on tuesday". 

No f*ckin shit! 

6 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

I don't know what theme that is but it certainly doesn't look very Motherwell-y.

It's possible you have an old theme which hasn't copied over properly. Try scrolling down to bottom of screen, click "Theme", and make sure you have latest Motherwell theme (or one of the P&B defaults if you prefer).

If that doesn't work, I dunno... ask Div 😀

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

7 hours ago, BFTD said:

I similarly know hee-haw about phones, but I'd make sure the browser's updated if it's a new phone. That tearing thing looks like a bug that might have been fixed. If not, see if it happens on a different browser (all the cool kids use Edge).

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I don't know what theme that is but it certainly doesn't look very Motherwell-y.

It's possible you have an old theme which hasn't copied over properly. Try scrolling down to bottom of screen, click "Theme", and make sure you have latest Motherwell theme (or one of the P&B defaults if you prefer).

If that doesn't work, I dunno... ask Div 😀

Cheers lads, updated both browser and theme (it was on P&B 2021 default - dark, apparently). Now a lovely Claret and Amber background and 'tearing' free. 

6 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Cheers lads, updated both browser and theme (it was on P&B 2021 default - dark, apparently). Now a lovely Claret and Amber background and 'tearing' free. 

You've just jinxed Motherwell by getting their colours on here.

I know it's Scotland, I know it's March, I know I should be used to this shite having lived here for 50+ years but can't it just get above 8 degrees for a couple of days? I want taps aff weather to enjoy the spring flowers, not this miserable wet crap. 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I know it's Scotland, I know it's March, I know I should be used to this shite having lived here for 50+ years but can't it just get above 8 degrees for a couple of days? I want taps aff weather to enjoy the spring flowers, not this miserable wet crap. 

I went out to the shop at about 9pm and it was f***ing Baltic. It felt far colder than the car thermometer was saying.