The New Raith Rovers Thread

In Crawford's brief spell with us he was one of our better players when played in central midfield, but it coincided with a dreadful run of form which saw us lose four games from six while in League One. He was also mince when he was played out wide. Come January we had minor overhaul of the squad which saw Ross Forbes come in, Crawford went back to Rangers and with Forbes taking his place he wasn't missed at all.

I wouldn't say he was dreadful, but I'd be surprised if he ever amounted to more than a mediocre player at best at this level. I could understand a team who are desperate for a midfielder like St. Mirren taking a shot on him, but it's an utterly bizarre signing for yourselves.

Robbie Crawford is a decent wee player. I saw quite a bit of him for Rangers Reserves a few years back, he's got plenty of energy and a tremendous work rate. He's hugely fit and strikes me as the sort of guy who has a good attitude towards the game - unlike a certain B.McKay esq also of Rangers and 'vers fame. Not the greatest technically (Andy Murdoch was better at that side of the game in the team I saw), but I'd imagine he'll do a good job for you lot in the middle of the park.

Before we had Joe Thomson, and with it not looking as if we were going to get Jamie Lindsay back, he was someone I hoped we might take a punt on.

I wasn't gloating or fussed by it, I just found it pretty funny that that bloke asked when we last won a cup, mental. Seem to remember you lot were pretty chuffed when you won it back in the day.

I'd count winning the seaside league above the challenge cup though.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

I wasn't gloating or fussed by it, I just found it pretty funny that that bloke asked when we last won a cup, mental. Seem to remember you lot were pretty chuffed when you won it back in the day.

Having seen my team do both, I'd say the Challenge Cup ranked higher only on the basis we ruined Rangers first major cup final. We had the epitome of an average team, with very little creativity, and then John Baird signed and we sent 16,000 of their fans away greeting. Hilarious scenes.  

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Aye......right!!:lol::lol:

It is a bit mental that he asked when Dunfermline last won a cup, but only because the easy-to-find answer is 1968.

Posting pictures of a league title win against carpet fitter and plumbers really doesn't answer the initial query tbqh.

6 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

It is a bit mental that he asked when Dunfermline last won a cup, but only because the easy-to-find answer is 1968.

Posting pictures of a league title win against carpet fitter and plumbers really doesn't answer the initial query tbqh.

Glad someone has pointed that piece of "rhetorical" out !! ;)

So positing a picture of us holding a cup doesn't answer the initial query? The initial query of, when did you last win a cup, Fife Cup not included?
Think it probably does m8.

Just so happens that in my time supporting Dunfermline it's also the biggest cup Raith have won, I wouldn't be so harsh on it xox