The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 minutes ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

Try spelling

You are not our biggest rivals, that's the manky Falkirk Basturds, you are more like the anoying ginger step child. Glad we cleared that up but feel free to continue with the faux rival thing if it makes you happy.

14 minutes ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

Try spelling

You are not our biggest rivals, that's the manky Falkirk Basturds, you are more like the anoying ginger step child. Glad we cleared that up but feel free to continue with the faux rival thing if it makes you happy.

Are we only NOT your rivals when we are skelping you five times a season then?

It's an age group thing, if you were a Rover of my dad's generation the main rivalry was with East Fife, with me it's the pars because that's who have been the Derby rivals most. Some Pars fans may see Falkirk as the derby but good many I know don't. Falkirk fans only really have your mob as neighbours so they take it more seriously. 

The mere fact you rushed on here to defend the point suggest there is a level of something being felt, ire, hate, jealousy or what I don't know but it's clearly simmering away somewhere.

52 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

So therefor Rovers fan are presumably allowed to mention their biggest rivals?

Anyways, lost on the Halbeath Rd for this kind of pish

You need a permission slip to talk about us, boy.

Edited by Stellaboz

2 hours ago, Scottydog said:

You guys really are a scream.

IF this was Rovers fans coming on to the down the Halbieth Rd page you'd reasonably have a far better point.

However considering you've posted twice (you are way behind thon other Pars Roaster btw) and you're one of 3 Pars fans to have had a fishing expedition on this tread in the last two days, I think we all know who the ones are that are fixated.

Away back to the west of Fife and never you mind whats happening in the Best of Fife.

Big ego's, Big delusions, big debts, Big problems. DAFC the biggest team in Fife in so many, many ways......except those that matter.

The absolute state of this

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Easton, Watson, Thomson, Dick, Matthews, Ross, McGill, Millen, Corr, McNeil and Masson. 

The last 6 will likely be away - McNeil might get offered a deal as a back up keeper. Millen had a dispute with Murray which led to him training on his own.

Thomson is our goalkeeping coach so that might impact things too. 

I'd expect Easton will either re-sign with us or go to a top flight club. Naturally, he'll be waiting until the season is over before signing a new deal. Ironically, he's not performed as well after the game at Tannadice where he started getting linked heavily with a move to the top flight.

Watson has been out with injuries for most of the season so I'm unsure if we'll offer him a new deal. Dick is a consistent left back but I can't see Falkirk needing that with McCann. 

I'd hope we offer Matthews a new deal. He's been superb since coming back from a long term recurring injury. 

Transfermarket has Sam Stanton listed out of contract, but he signed a new long term deal in December. 

I had Liam Dick as the other potential in my mind as McGlynn signed him for you, he's local to us and he can fill in at centre back if needed.

1 hour ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

Try spelling

🤫

47 minutes ago, North West said:

Rivalry and Derby, they're 2 separate things. 

Falkirk is the main one for us. Not you entitled raspers.

Is that because you usually win those games? 

14 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I had Liam Dick as the other potential in my mind as McGlynn signed him for you, he's local to us and he can fill in at centre back if needed.

McGlynn never seemed too keen on Dick. I think I remember him admitting at some point he was his 3rd choice signing in terms of left backs that summer. I’m surprised though you we’re seemingly never in for Jamie Gullan, McGlynn was always a big fan, not sure off hand how long his loan term is at Dundalk.

1 hour ago, AllanJM said:

Out of those, I imagine McNeil, Thomson and Matthews will all sign new deals.

Easton will definitely be offered one (and I'm sure he already has been) and I think will sign with us if we go up.  If not, he'll be off to a premiership team which is fair enough.

I would personally offer Watson another year as he is a very decent defender IF we can keep him fit.

McGill and Dick will likely be offered new deals if we are still in the championship but I'm not sure either is capable of playing premiership (yet in the case of McGill as he's still young).

Ross, Masson, Millen and Corr all likely to be allowed to leave.  Millen and Ross will both end up at championship clubs (Morton and Falkirk?) with Masson and Corr likely dropping down to League 2.

I'd agree with that. Arnott also out of contract, I assume he'll be off too. The drop off from his breakout year has been surprising, but we're a team that don't really play with midfielders, so he's likely going to move on.

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

McGlynn never seemed too keen on Dick. I think I remember him admitting at some point he was his 3rd choice signing in terms of left backs that summer. I’m surprised though you we’re seemingly never in for Jamie Gullan, McGlynn was always a big fan, not sure off hand how long his loan term is at Dundalk.

He's not on loan at Dundalk.

https://www.raithrovers.net/jamie-gullan-departs/

4th year in a row above Dunfermline in overall league standings. Beat them 5 times this year. Quite embarrassing to be calling us a wee team yet being so far behind us recently. If they want to be having their biggest ‘rivalries’ with current League 1 teams then that’s up to them. I’m sure the black and white plastic bags will be waved about aplenty at the KDM Group East End Park when newly promoted Falkirk come to Dunfermline next year, if they stay up.

9 minutes ago, Enigma said:

not sure off hand how long his loan term is at Dundalk.

A club statement said: “Raith Rovers FC today announce that 24-year-old forward Jamie Gullan has signed for League of Ireland Premier Division club Dundalk FC.

“The club has received an undisclosed fee for Jamie, and the transfer is subject to international clearance, with the player on his way to Oriel Park in County Louth where Dundalk play in the top division of the Republic.”

Jamie Gullan departs Raith Rovers to join Irish side Dundalk (thecourier.co.uk)

12 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Not sure how I missed that 😂

18 minutes ago, Enigma said:

McGlynn never seemed too keen on Dick.

Not sure how I missed this either 😆

29 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Relatively sure he scored a screamer of a free kick the other week.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Relatively sure he scored a screamer of a free kick the other week.

He's definitely got that in him. He actually hit the bar from one in his last appearance for us against Queens Park (I think) in injury time. 

1 hour ago, North West said:

Rivalry and Derby, they're 2 separate things. 

Falkirk is the main one for us. Not you entitled raspers.

Yahoor that made me laugh, a Par accusing us of entitlement........ feckin pot kettle springs to mind 😂😂

2 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Are we only NOT your rivals when we are skelping you five times a season then?

It's an age group thing, if you were a Rover of my dad's generation the main rivalry was with East Fife, with me it's the pars because that's who have been the Derby rivals most. Some Pars fans may see Falkirk as the derby but good many I know don't. Falkirk fans only really have your mob as neighbours so they take it more seriously. 

The mere fact you rushed on here to defend the point suggest there is a level of something being felt, ire, hate, jealousy or what I don't know but it's clearly simmering away somewhere.

No rushing kid, happened across your post. Like I said you are not our rivals, just the wee team, that is all. Arbroath tanned us four times a couple of seasons ago, didn't make them our rivals either funnily enough.  Carry on enjoying your season in the sun and focus less on the faux hate we (don't) have for you 🤣