The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 wins out of 4 in the league, only defeat so far to league leaders Hearts.

I can't fathom how any Rovers fan/Chairman can be remotely unhappy with that start.

Its more a long term problem. We've had something along the lines of 3 wins from 21 games against full time teams. The most recent games have included 4-0 scuddings from Dundee and Hearts (who admittedly were playing some of their best football of recent times) and a loss to Dunfermline in the derby. In these games we've been flat and lacked any creativity.

But for the most part, I'm disappointed that the team aren't meeting the fitness regulations of the North Korean special forces, with gruelling 18 hour training sessions.

Since when have we started separating the wins against part time and full time teams?

Do we get less points for beating a part time team?

Last year we didn't have our problems to seek against these sides, one of which has already beaten Hibs and the other taken something from Falkirk.

They don't, but the matches against QoS and Livi are a much better indicator than Alloa/Dumbarton. Those teams are the ones we're looking to compete with, after all.

I'm pleased we've 3 wins in 4, but we've got our easier games out the way first, if I'm honest.

They don't, but the matches against QoS and Livi are a much better indicator than Alloa/Dumbarton. Those teams are the ones we're looking to compete with, after all.

I'm pleased we've 3 wins in 4, but we've got our easier games out the way first, if I'm honest.

We finished above Livi last year and have retained the exact same squad minus McGinn plus a few better additions.

Surely avoiding the relegation play off should be your main aim? Perhaps if you have a good season you'll be looking at pushing for a promotion play off spot but I'd say QOTS and Falkirk should comfortably finish above you. Not trying to have a dig here but realisticly any improvement on last season is surely progress in what's a tougher league.

We finished above Livi last year and have retained the exact same squad minus McGinn plus a few better additions.

Surely avoiding the relegation play off should be your main aim? Perhaps if you have a good season you'll be looking at pushing for a promotion play off spot but I'd say QOTS and Falkirk should comfortably finish above you. Not trying to have a dig here but realisticly any improvement on last season is surely progress in what's a tougher league.

This is the Raith Rovers thread where angst, introspection and occasional delusion is the norm. Please refrain from posting your entirely reasonable and sensible views. Ta

My auld man was at the game on Saturday and spoke to Turnbull.

Had your auld man been beasting it hard in the Shimla before the game? Sounds like the mixture of watered down lager and chemical based curries has induced a "Fear and Loathing" type trip.

There is not a hope in hell Hutton has offered that tit bit to a fan, unless your auld man is Mario of course.

You did - that's what good management delivers.

What I would like is for us to show some sign of improvement by competing for the top half rather than continually finishing 7th. In doing so, I expect us to finish above the part time teams as we have more resources. Finishing 7th (again) isn't really success as we've more or less claimed that spot as our own.

Had your auld man been beasting it hard in the Shimla before the game? Sounds like the mixture of watered down lager and chemical based curries has induced a "Fear and Loathing" type trip.

There is not a hope in hell Hutton has offered that tit bit to a fan, unless your auld man is Mario of course.

You'd be surprised how open and frank Turnbull is if you speak to him.

You'd be surprised how open and frank Turnbull is if you speak to him.

Turnbull's thoughts on fans voicing their thoughts on Social media/forums has always been clear, he appears to have a very dim view of those sat behind keyboards.

So whilst I can quite believe he would be happy to chat. Suggesting to a fan that his current managers job was on the line is laughable really. Whilst he may be frank, he's not stupid.