The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

One area I think McGlynn is superior to most if not all recent managers is his use of the loan market and budgetary constraints aside, that's all also still to come. 

This is a great point actually. Nice to get that calibre of player on the books before the loan deals are even sniffed at. 

3 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

was gonna post the same - I assume lot of these players/or their agents) would only agree if they got the stability of two years.   Difference in the past most people moaned cos we were getting folk like Brad Mckay who everyone knew wasn't great.  If we're signing proven players its slightly different - still no doubt once theres a few misplaced passes it will be "ffs.. we've got him on a  2 year deal"....

Arguably the preferred deal would be 1+1 , but with the amount of players out of contract next May, McGlynn has been able to get players in without too much pain. 
It’s worth considering that those out of contract next May, might buck up with the thought of finding employment after a comfortable couple of years.

Realistically in terms of the two year deals I wouldn't be surprised that's why we are getting some of these players.

I imagine there are promotion bonuses or wage rises built in which could explain why we are attracting players everyone seems to think should be playing at a higher level. 

Ouch, two more Rovers Rejects on high wages to add to McGlyn and Mackie from last season!

Adding two players with Championship experience might be a positive but I do think Accies will skoosh League 1 unfortunately for us all

6 minutes ago, Oberon43 said:

Ouch, two more Rovers Rejects on high wages to add to McGlyn and Mackie from last season!

Adding two players with Championship experience might be a positive but I do think Accies will skoosh League 1 unfortunately for us all

You confused?

image.png.f22fdd9acf5ac609ef6e250f6f65bff2.png

8 minutes ago, Oberon43 said:

Eric Cantona - When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is...

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

The biggest issue you’ll have with Lang keeping him fit.

A bit worried myself about that, I'm sure he was the same at Clyde & Dunfermline too.

When he's fit he's a good aggressive centre back but he does have the habit of picking up an injury which is never great.

Have to say the team at FFC who are responsible for sponsorship deals at the club are doing a fantastic job. They’ll be getting the pigeons that fly about the KM on a Saturday sponsorship deals next.

Fair play to them all, they are clearly working their socks off. For me anything that brings cash into the club is worthwhile no matter what the doubters or other clubs fans say.

Well I was asked to wait till the new signings came in before making judgments on the squad, well my opinion is the same. Pretty underwhelming signings made by by McClown. I just have a sense of deja vu coming, we get to Christmas and say we need another clear out and probably a new manager. 

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

A bit worried myself about that, I'm sure he was the same at Clyde & Dunfermline too.

When he's fit he's a good aggressive centre back but he does have the habit of picking up an injury which is never great.

He also picked up a habit of rash challenges this last season. Not sure if it was because he was the senior CB, so no one was calming him down, but it seemed very out of his previous behavior. He is a handsome b*****d.

1 minute ago, Balde Bairn said:

Well I was asked to wait till the new signings came in before making judgments on the squad, well my opinion is the same. Pretty underwhelming signings made by by McClown. I just have a sense of deja vu coming, we get to Christmas and say we need another clear out and probably a new manager. 

Could you be trying any harder? 

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

This is a great point actually. Nice to get that calibre of player on the books before the loan deals are even sniffed at. 

I think there's a lot McGlynn can point to in terms of convincing teams to send their brighter, closer to being ready (Kucheriavyi/Meekison?) to us too.... 

He has a good core of decent standard players who can be learned from, we have a new pitch, will hopefully be playing decent attacking football at the top end of the league and we gave a lot of young guys a lot of great experiences last season. 

We can be surgical with it hopefully. No one else not fit for purpose eg Matty Wright

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think there's a lot McGlynn can point to in terms of convincing teams to send their brighter, closer to being ready (Kucheriavyi/Meekison?) to us too.... 

He has a good core of decent standard players who can be learned from, we have a new pitch, will hopefully be playing decent attacking football at the top end of the league and we gave a lot of young guys a lot of great experiences last season. 

We can be surgical with it hopefully. No one else not fit for purpose eg Matty Wright

Sounds as if Kucheriavyi's going to get a shot at first team football with St Johnstone this season but I'd love Meekison back in on loan to compete with Lawal for the number 10 position.

Very good set of signings. Proven at Championship level which is great.

What I’m not having is that because they are proven at Championship level they’ll stroll League 1. We’ve made that mistake before. These 3 appear to be guys who’ll give 100% effort and application no matter what level they are playing it which will make a massive difference.