The Falkirk FC Thread

22 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Ask and ye shall receive! I don't know why I find it so funny seeing them scooping Buckie, but I do 🤣

Screenshot_20240401_142328_Facebook.jpg

It is a Tonic Wine full of vitamins and caffeine to aid recovery. It also gets you pished faster!

4 hours ago, Big chungus said:

Totally agree. I still think it was the right decision to sack them, but I personally don’t put them in the same bracket as sheerin, McKinnon, holt, Hartley or rennie. But I might have my navy blue tinted glasses on when I say that! 

I think there was a decent manager in MacKinnon btw. I think timing and circumstances done for him in the end.

51 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I think there was a decent manager in MacKinnon btw. I think timing and circumstances done for him in the end.

His attempt at keeping us up was pretty dreadful and that should've been his lot. Keeping him on was another mistake.His league one side relied too much on McManus for me and that showed the next season we were a shadow of the side of the season before.

1 hour ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

And the fact he was nearly as much of an arsehole as Hartley

7 hours ago, BPM said:

Thought I would leave my views till today mainly due to being totally goosed after Saturday. 

I will never forget 30th March 2024 at Links Park, Montrose. It is the first Championship of the social media era which will keep memories bright for ever for everyone. I met so many fans on Saturday who have been there through thick and thin and the joy on so many faces was very emotional to witness. 

This season has been special. As I said on Falkirk Daft a couple of weeks ago this togetherness has never been witnessed in my lifetime. I am so pleased for the under 25’s. Very few will have witnessed Brockville or a title win. Enjoy it guys they don’t come around very often. 

No one should underestimate the job it has taken to turn this club around behind the scenes. We as supporters inherited a shambles and it should never be allowed to happen again. The Board, Jamie Swinney and his team deserves huge credit for their hard work and decision making. Us as supporters should take a collective pat on the back to help finance the football club. That should never be forgotten or abandoned for ANY large future investor.  

Finally to John McGlynn and Paul Smith thank you for putting together a side that we are truly proud of. A team that will be thought of very fondly for years to come.  

Spot on.

Seeing McGlynn, Smith and the team in BTW after was also special.

Will never forget it! 

36 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Not even in the same ball park in arsehole terms as Hartley whose arrogance scaled unimaginable heights. Didn't work out for Mackinnon as too cautious but came across as a nice fella. I've yet to hear anyone say that about tramp Hartley 

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

Absolutely not. Nowhere near. Give your head a wobble. 

Col said they sat down before the start of the season and worked out what they needed to do to win the division. Let's hope they do the same again. None of this "hoping to compete" or "consolidating", we're in it to win it. The majority of the squad will be the same, with the shared experience and winning mentality and they've shown that it's not about having the best players*, the second best squad on the third best budget absolutely smashed it through desire and hard work.

Now do it again.

*there's barely a player in our team I'd swap for anyone else in the league though. 

13 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Col said they sat down before the start of the season and worked out what they needed to do to win the division. Let's hope they do the same again. None of this "hoping to compete" or "consolidating", we're in it to win it. The majority of the squad will be the same, with the shared experience and winning mentality and they've shown that it's not about having the best players*, the second best squad on the third best budget absolutely smashed it through desire and hard work.

Now do it again.

*there's barely a player in our team I'd swap for anyone else in the league though. 

I'd take Hamilton's keeper, Fulton. That's about it.

McGlynns already stated that he’ll be looking at adding further quality for next season to compete in what’s going to be a cracker of a league. Theres a few players across the existing championship I’m sure he’ll already be discreetly enquiring about. Who are we to argue with when he plucked Miller & Ross when both were toiling. I’m sure the scenes on Saturday and the press coverage will maybe go a long way with potential targets. I said earlier that I wouldn’t pick out a player(s) out from Saturday, but watching the highlights for the tenth time, Mackie & Donaldson were just slightly more excellent than the others.

Edited by Springfield

23 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Now do it again.

But who's out of contract? these are the positions the management will be concentrating on deciding if better players are available. As for players in the division you would swop for it's not relevant. Club will be looking at the higher divisions and for the first time in years Falkirk will be on the radar of the next Vaulks who will look on the club as the one to revive their career.

It's all positive - however the displays this season will have attracted the attention of clubs to our current squad.

Interesting times over the next few months.

16 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Very much enjoying this video!

I've said before that song makes me laugh like f**k every time 😂

Hope they do a few of these, but especially sweet to get one of a lad who took absolutely wild pelters on this thread when he signed, and responded by leading the line of the most potent attack in Scotland