The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

This is a wee bit after Tait’s pass for Agyeman’s goal, so he’s even more onside than this still. Miles on. 

3A752926-A5D4-4E99-9ECE-1B48E1C0856A.png

Aye sorry, I just meant Shanley running between the goalie and AA. If they were both on I suppose it doesn't matter if he got in the way. Just a very unusual situation!

13 minutes ago, SuperTuesday said:

So where does this extra 20% come from?

Is it made up of the people who don't go every week all making an effort for this game?

Locals who go to Glasgow and going as a one off because it's a trophy day.

This increase blows my mind more than the extra numbers for a Hampden cup final.

Mostly the first option,  cup finals ( especially against non OF opposition) are one for the grannies and day trippers.  

It's probably the feel good factor around the club actually doing something this year, us almost dying a death and then coming back with this seasons performance  has probably done us the world of good in terms of support as it has for other clubs that have done similar. had we avoided relegation in 2010 and spent the last 14 years bouncing between 10th and 7th in the premiership, our home  crowds would be between 3 & 4k.  it's stagnation that kills interest more than anything

personally, I've not been to any games this season, I went almost every week from 2012 till lockdown, now I don't have any free time at the weekends and I'm wondering if, for the good of the club, I'm better to just stay away permanently rather than risk us going back to how it was when i was there ...

1 hour ago, blatso said:

Pretty sure it will be the highest home crowd from us since we moved if I remember discussions on here rightly. I can't remember us ever having the 2 stands full and the north stand with a substantial amount of home fans. Will be amazing to see come the 4th May

Could do a lot worse than give the home fans a voucher for £? off at the first home game of the season.

A thank you and an inducement for those that are just coming for the occasion to go again. Bound to be a % pick up that will become afflicted to 'Expect the Unexpected'

1 hour ago, Hisingdoon said:

Only clubs I can see having ~1000 away fans next season is probably raith, Dundee united (whichever bottles it less), Dunfermline, partick, Airdrie, Ayr maybe and Morton maybe. 
thats 6 teams which could warrant the us just giving them the whole north stand and if st Johnstone do come down via playoffs they would probably bring ~1000 fans, livi and county wouldn’t bring enough to warrant the full stand being given. I want us to have lots of home fans but if a majority of the championship is going to warrant the full stand then let them have it 

Airdrie have the lowest average attendance in the Championship at c.1800 even behind Arbroath and Queens Park. And that’s them having a promotion last season and a cup win and a very good league season so far this season.

On what planet are they bringing 1000 fans to Falkirk 😂.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

That is bloody superb, that is our future ❤️

The kids were singing Championees as the players walked out, it was brilliant to see and the players were loving it

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Airdrie have the lowest average attendance in the Championship at c.1800 even behind Arbroath and Queens Park. And that’s them having a promotion last season and a cup win and a very good league season so far this season.

On what planet are they bringing 1000 fans to Falkirk 😂.

To see the Falkirk Bairns of course 

For the Alloa game, with the Main and South stands now both sold out and the North stand having sold approx 250 tickets already in our 3 allocated sections there, do we think they may release even more than 1,000 tickets for the North stand to Falkirk fans for this game?

There is still about a month to go and those remaining 750 tickets left should sell. Maybe Alloa might only get the very end section (of the 6 sections), leave 1 section as a gap and release another section of 300+ to us? No point in having empty seats as Alloa unlikely to sell more than 1-2 sections.

Every £ helps in the close season war chest.

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

The league one player and manager of the month awards always seem to be last ones announced for some reason.

Probably to give them as much time as possible to try think of a reason any non Falkirk employee deserves it before inevitably giving it to the navy blue machine again.

58 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Could do a lot worse than give the home fans a voucher for £? off at the first home game of the season.

A thank you and an inducement for those that are just coming for the occasion to go again. Bound to be a % pick up that will become afflicted to 'Expect the Unexpected'

Sorry completely disagree. It’s brilliant that we could be on course for filling 90% of the stadium. Our reward - Champions and a team to be bloody proud of. The club needs revenue and it’s fantastic to have 2000/2500 fans more than our average gate this years, attending the game, however who are these people? 

If we can maintain our great form and fill the stadium albeit, for me it’s a party day regardless. Montrose a week ago will still be the highlight for me. Fans (both sides) pubs, atmosphere, game, Falkirk after the game, just a brilliant day/night. 

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Unsure if that would be allowed? I'm sure there's a rule that states that clubs must charge both sets of fans the same amount.

3 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Mostly the first option,  cup finals ( especially against non OF opposition) are one for the grannies and day trippers.  

It's probably the feel good factor around the club actually doing something this year, us almost dying a death and then coming back with this seasons performance  has probably done us the world of good in terms of support as it has for other clubs that have done similar. had we avoided relegation in 2010 and spent the last 14 years bouncing between 10th and 7th in the premiership, our home  crowds would be between 3 & 4k.  it's stagnation that kills interest more than anything

personally, I've not been to any games this season, I went almost every week from 2012 till lockdown, now I don't have any free time at the weekends and I'm wondering if, for the good of the club, I'm better to just stay away permanently rather than risk us going back to how it was when i was there ...

There's defo a feel-good factor and a lot of buzz around the club at the moment. We are a club in the ascendancy. Box office Bairns!

On the subject of OF supporters possibly adding to the ranks - My Rangers supporting family members talk about Falkirk with me all the time, and know who we're playing, what the score was, whether it's on TV etc. I can't imagine I'm alone in this, and whilst I don't expect the vast majority of OF fans who take up an interest in Falkirk to fully convert (like I did), some of them inevitably will. 

I also think the Ultras are doing FANTASTIC work with regards to growing the fanbase. If I was a youngster right now, I'd see what they're doing every week and I'd want in on that, no question. Yes, Rangers and Celtic both have Ultra groups too, but you're not standing amongst your mates from school, and that's got to be a huge factor in building the community spirit. I'm really interested to see where the limit is for the ultras, as I don't think they've even scratched the surface on their potential yet.

45 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Unsure if that would be allowed? I'm sure there's a rule that states that clubs must charge both sets of fans the same amount.

Fair do's! just a thought on the many new faces and lapsed supporters that will turn up.

With a reminder in their pocket of the great day. Come the first game of the season it could be the difference to some going or not.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

You'd need to give vouchers out at another game I'd think or something similar to that. Don't think anything prevents you from doing that but you can't charge a different price on the day for the same view etc. Not sure it's overly fair on season ticket holders anyway.

Edited by Shodwall cat

4 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

The kids were singing Championees as the players walked out, it was brilliant to see and the players were loving it

Someone’s posted on X, brilliant and players looked stunned with the youngsters. This you can’t buy, the clubs future in good hands. Special thanks to a Mrs Sarah !

3 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Noticed Hogarths distribution was a lot better on Saturday. Must have spent March working on it.

It has always been decent, Morrison v QOTS start of last season he done similar to what he done on Saturday. 

16 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

I also think the Ultras are doing FANTASTIC work with regards to growing the fanbase. If I was a youngster right now, I'd see what they're doing every week and I'd want in on that, no question. Yes, Rangers and Celtic both have Ultra groups too, but you're not standing amongst your mates from school, and that's got to be a huge factor in building the community spirit. I'm really interested to see where the limit is for the ultras, as I don't think they've even scratched the surface on their potential yet.

100% this.  Back in the 90s when I used to stand in the choir or go on the Elliots bus to away games it became an addiction.  Meeting up with mates and going to the games.  You felt like you were missing out if you missed a a game.  We'd go to school on the Monday and had the usual "ye should have been there" to the folk who hadn't been there.  It also then got other people interested who ended up coming along and then became fans.  I'd hope there is the same effect now and things will just build.