The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Being honest folks can’t believe the way we are just now when you think of where we were end of last season. Everything about the club is good just now retail, sponsorship, team, management, fans, podcasts, board, Ultras, all our stars signing extensions, it is just brilliant. Hats off to all the folk who have worked so hard to get us here, you are all stars.

After so may tough years the Bairns are riding the crest of a wave and long may it continue.

🙌

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Anybody know what type of right back play the new boy with Cumbernauld Colts plays? Is he a defensive type or wing back style?

From someone Cumbernauld related when we signed him. In the small bits of highlights I've seen of him he reminds me of Kieran Duffie, good driving up the park with the ball.

"He’s strong, athletic and quick, very good at defensive recovery runs and also excellent going forward, if he gets in the box he’s got a great cross goal strike on him.  Obviously a big step up to the championship but he’s a great lad who will do well."

6 goals and 4 assists from 33 games in the league for him this season.

Edited by FFC 1876

59 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Great news to get Finn signed up. Like many wasn’t sure he was the answer at right back but has made the position his own.

My priority now would be somehow trying to get Tait back for next season.

Agree, the guys been first class. Great business by the best club in UK. 

19 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Possibly the same game that I attended?

Ranjurs were, as usual, getting all of the decisions from the ref, then, when he finally blew for a foul for us, I shouted a sarcastic 'Oh Hello' and, I kid you not, about 3 dozen folk standing around me started singing the Billy Boys!

A wee Bairns guy in front of me was dishing out a constant stream of withering comments to the local glory hunters who'd sneaked in to the Hope St end , based I'm sure on local addresses for tix. Eventually one moronic cyclops arsecheek shouted, quite menacingly, that "we ken whaur you live".

"No ye dinnae" our wee guy said, "ma street has mair than three syllables"....priceless

Finn Yeats has been superb. He was never a right back and at the start of the season he was targeted but that soon stopped. A quick learner who was a great assistant to Morrison. They appeared to be on the same page most of the time. Midfield is still his dream tho.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

If Carlsberg did Falkirk this would be it.

I agree, I honestly feel like this is the moment I have been waiting for all my life supporting Falkirk. I would say this is the best the 50 years of following them has given me so far, Jefferies era was superb but for me this is better.

Don’t  get me wrong, a Scottish cup win and I would die a happy man but I’m enjoying this so much just now.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree, I honestly feel like this is the moment I have been waiting for all my life supporting Falkirk wise. I would say this is the best the 50 years of following them has given me so far, Jefferies era was superb but for me this is better.

Don’t  get me wrong, a Scottish cup win and I would die a happy man but I’m enjoying this so much just now.

I agree Harry. I have watched since mid sixties and this is the best. I know it is third tier but it is the style that i like. I have always loved an attacking team and at times this season the pace and style has been unplayable. Calvin Miller has caused defences big headaches as they dont know what do do with him on one side and Morrison on the other.

Edited by Bigbrbairn

1 minute ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I agree Harry. I have watched since mid sixties and this is the best. I know it is third tier but it is the style that i like. I have always loved an attacking team and at times this season the pace and style has been unplayable. Calvin Miller has caused defenses big headaches as they dont know what do do with him on one side and Morrison on the other.

I was early 70’s BigBr and I couldn’t agree more. The style of our play has been superb this season, edge of the seat stuff and attacking threat all over the park. When I was a kid in the 70’s watching us at Brockville in front of around 1000 fans, I always knew that in the future we would be in a new stadium playing a game in front of 7000 Bairns with Ultras and pre match displays when if we avoided defeat we would go through a season undefeated🤔

I’m a lying b*****d by the way 

Posted (edited)

Have to say, to be where we are less than a calendar year after the Airdrie debacle, where I just felt totally scunnered with the entire club, is some effort. Really looking forward to tomorrow and a culmination of a lot of hard work from everyone involved in the club.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Finn Yeats has been superb. He was never a right back and at the start of the season he was targeted but that soon stopped. A quick learner who was a great assistant to Morrison. They appeared to be on the same page most of the time. Midfield is still his dream tho.

He will end up in midfield, there is a bit of the Roy Keane about him.

3 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Maybe reading into this too much, but wonder if we have further injuries at the back the way McGlynn spoke in the pre match interview. 

I wondered that too. This has all the makings of a very interesting high Scoring game. Us with makeshift defence, them with an eye on the play offs, big crowd, invincible record,.

iF we score a couple of early goals I think they'll go all out for the 100 goal tally and the crowd will be up for it.

As others have said, including mcglynn we need to take the game to them. I think we may let goals in so attack is best form of defence. Think it should be really entertaining.