The Falkirk FC Thread

34 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Get another centre back in pronto please. Already thought we were light in that area but with the injuries we definitely need another body in that area. Tom Lang is a rolls Royce of a defender, but by god is he injury prone. Looking through his stats I don’t think he’s came close to a being fit a full season. 

We will need one. Who knows when Donaldson will be back considering he’s now got a different pain and Lang will constantly have these knee issues. One game back and his knee has flared up again.

Full faith in Mcglynn after the last 2 seasons.

Would not have extended a couple of contracts this summer which would have allowed budget for another CB, so he can’t really complain/seek pity if we’re short after a couple of injuries. Them’s the breaks.

Look at Raith's injury issues and see we've employed their Head of sports science.

They have had guys like Vaughan never on the pitch as well as Lang and Spencer barely on the pitch under this geezers reign of terror. 

Prefer us to sign another player than a Head of performance.

6 hours ago, Blane Fonda said:

Look at Raith's injury issues and see we've employed their Head of sports science.

They have had guys like Vaughan never on the pitch as well as Lang and Spencer barely on the pitch under this geezers reign of terror. 

You're not serious here? 

Donaldson and Lang's injuries were pre the Head of Performance starting, McCann's injury happened when he blocked a ball and I'm assuming Morrison's injury is a flare up of the injury from a few seasons back that kept him out for ages. 

The four of them out at the same time is pure bad luck. Three of the first choice back four at the same time is worrying but these things happen.

6 hours ago, Blane Fonda said:

Spencer was an almost ever present with us until he picked up a contact injury that took a while to recover from. Lang did his ACL, which I think was preventable as he'd gone off with a knee injury and came back on, did one sprint and his ligaments went. Vaughan had a good full season behind him last year, first in years mind you.

Blair was probably instrumental in getting our squad fitter than a long time last season, but he's the sort of person who claps at you while talking, which would infinitely just get on my tits. 

The injury list is a concern clearly however if we did not have three defenders out there would be absolutely no need for another CH. He have 5 that can play there. Donaldson, Laing, Henderson, MacKie and Adams. That shortage has been exasperated because McCann got injured too. I think the need for an extra CH is purely down to the length Donaldson and Laing will be out for. A short term loan would be my favoured option. 
We are in far more need for a CF IMO. 

With Spencer out next week and the assumption no one else injured is back I would go with

Hogarth/Sneddon

Adams Henderson MacKie Miller

Yeats Tait

Alfie Nesbitt Ross

MacIver

7 hours ago, Blane Fonda said:

Aye mcglynn loved the fact he had caused so many injuries at Raith that he couldn't wait to sign him up again with us.  🤔

6 minutes ago, BPM said:

The injury list is a concern clearly however if we did not have three defenders out there would be absolutely no need for another CH. He have 5 that can play there. Donaldson, Laing, Henderson, MacKie and Adams. That shortage has been exasperated because McCann got injured too. I think the need for an extra CH is purely down to the length Donaldson and Laing will be out for. A short term loan would be my favoured option. 

With Spencer out next week and the assumption no one else injured is back I would go with

Hogarth/Sneddon

Yeats Tait

Alfie Nesbitt Ross

MacIver

We do have 3 defenders out do we not ?

Lang and Donaldson sound like medium term minimum.

6 minutes ago, BPM said:

Hogarth/Sneddon

Yeats Tait

Alfie Nesbitt Ross

MacIver

Think McGlynn alluded to playing Nesbitt a bit further back.

And someone else highlighted he kept the same back 4 on throughout yesterday to try and get some continuity, going into next week.

Dont disagree with where we need strengthening but have heard the budget is gone. Hopefully a premier league club doesn’t mind giving us a loan or two for peanuts.

15 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Aye mcglynn loved the fact he had caused so many injuries at Raith that he couldn't wait to sign him up again with us.  🤔

I don't think McGlynn manages injuries all that well to be honest. Not sure he has a particularly modern attitude to fitness. His pre season interviews were always littered with players being out with "wee knocks" and the like. 

Would also note, and this may just be an awful coincidence that Vaughan and his non existent knee ligaments have only ever managed to complete a season under Ian Murray and Barry Smith, every time he came back under McGlynn he was done again in 3 months tops.

Well we've had 2 complete seasons with McGlynn now, and barring the 3 CB injuries at the tail end of last season I think we got off pretty lightly with injuries. 

The nature of these ones, and especially the crucial nature of players hit, is a right scunner when you think of the effect on the quick start to the league we are all hopeful of.

At the end of the day we can speculate with ifs buts and maybes.

With the exception of McCann who appears to be making up time on his injury, or perceived injury, we’re missing our two CBs and Morrison going into the start of the season.
My concern like many is that Lang & Morrison have been subject to previous serious injuries which we can only hope their current injuries are not connected to. 
Yes we’ve got cover, but we’re facing many clubs with players that are better than the ones we’ve faced.
(with respect to all players we’ve left)

I wouldn’t hit the panic button just yet, but I’m sure McGlynn will still be looking at all aspects of bringing in a loan CB and a loan CF.