The Falkirk FC Thread

Anyone remember Bobby McKell, mid to late 70's. Big goal keeper with a weight problem, probably the largest player I ever saw.  Looked like he shouldn't be playing football but wasn't that bad if I remember right.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Oh, what made you think that the comment regarding negative posts had anything to do with you I wonder?

And, of course, I didn't say anything remotely close to the utter nonsense that you've just posted either.

Bad decisions should obviously be questioned and the situation re the sale of shares should certainly be investigated. Any BOD should be held to account as they are representing the club and the fans. IMO the current board have done pretty well for the most part, the previous board also had their moments and I'm sure the hearts of most of them were in the right place, but they're gone so there's not a lot of point on dwelling on them too much IMO.

Did the previous board have it's moments? I must have missed them.

6 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

If he’s fully fit I’d have Nesbitt in for Miller from the start. 

Mcglynn is on record saying he dosent like changing a winning team so I personally wouldn’t be expecting Nesbitt to start. However, he is obviously a big fan of Nesbitt so can definitely see it happening. Although Nesbitt hasn’t kicked a ball all preseason and got 20ish minutes on Saturday. As we are running with a small squad with a couple of injuries already I wouldn’t be risking Nesbitt from the start.

8 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

If he’s fully fit I’d have Nesbitt in for Miller from the start. 

So would I, he made a difference when he came on against Annan. That would be the only change I’d make, if McGinn is fit I’d leave him out again also with Spencer and Henderson both performing well last week I don’t think he’s needed in there. 

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Isn't it wonderful that i am looking forward to random has-beens being quoted to brighten up an otherwise dark and intense squabble. For what it is worth i think the best solution is just to ask the parties to make a clear joint statement 

I don’t think that would be wise to be honest as might look as the club to be leading the FSS. There is an importance for them to be working together at times but it is also extremely important that the FSS is seen to be independent of the club so in this situation best to answer for their own part.

Why did the club refuse to sell more shares? What happens with the shares remaining?

Why did the FSS accept this without consulting members? What happens with the money it has in the bank from members last several contributions?

That’s what we want to know. 

Edited by Van_damage

53 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I worked with him for three years. He joined in on a good few Sunday kick abouts up on the Beechfield pitch (where LHS is now). Helluva player. The Bankies got the best of him.

Can you pinpoint Beechfield please? I knew a Bleachfield (sp) close to Brockville, and can't recall a Beechfield in Stenhousemuir,  where LHS is sited.

On another track....

Vic McKinney. 

He's got a suite at the Falkirk Stadium named after him, but I was surprised the honour didn't fall to his ex Glenavon team mate Sammy Wilson.

57 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Did the previous board have it's moments? I must have missed them.

Think there were a few tbf. Disbanding the MSG, facilitating the creation of the FSS, restarting the youth development programme and bringing in the largest single investment in the club’s history.  There’s a few to get you started…

2 hours ago, grumpyoldman said:

I’m well aware of that ,that’s why I said it would need to be new shares.
So why no new shares for FSS .
Why not let FSS get to the 26% they were promised 
Could some larger shareholders be trying to protect their own interests 

So, the issue of new shares requires the agreement of 75% of those who hold existing shares (an example of the 25%+1 at work). Of course, the new share issue then dilutes everyone’s shareholding, so to protect the FSS, 25% of the new share issue would have to be ringfenced for the FSS to purchase over time thus protecting the 25%+1 status……the “keeping the wolves from the door” number.

Of course, all of this ends up with shares issued which extend way beyond the value of the club, but I guess that can be a good thing too, as it makes it less and less likely that anyone would rock up with £1.5mm in order to buy less than 50% of FFC.

Even if the Rawlins re-appeared and wanted to exercise their option (if it still exists) to acquire 45% of the club, they certainly couldn’t do it for the £325k they put in last time.

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Can you pinpoint Beechfield please? I knew a Bleachfield (sp) close to Brockville, and can't recall a Beechfield in Stenhousemuir,  where LHS is sited.

On another track....

Vic McKinney. 

He's got a suite at the Falkirk Stadium named after him, but I was surprised the honour didn't fall to his ex Glenavon team mate Sammy Wilson.

That was the name of the pitch purely because it was lined on 3 sides by Beech trees. The road that runs down to the new school (the bungalow to the right was the PE teacher’s house). On the right were the two hockey pitches and two football pitches. On the left, was another hockey pitch, and then a small dry stone wall running at 90 degrees to the road. Beyond that little wall was the pitch known as Beechfield. Not used as often as the main pitches, but was used by the school every now and then.

On the far side of the pitch was rough grassland that sloped down to the Carron Dams.