"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

8 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

It's possible to think he's conducted himself well as an individual, considering the implications of the situation for the club and employees (including players) and think he's been an abysmal football manager. They're not mutually exclusive.

He was one of the main driving forces behind trying to move us to Kelty and didn't bother contacting players to tell them they had been released in the summer when he swanned off on holiday. He's conducted himself for the benefit of himself and that includes his little PR stunts over the last couple of weeks.

On the petrol money thing - we've never paid petrol money to players and the players' wages were being paid in full so who knows why he took it upon himself to pay for that.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He's put £350,000 into the club, guaranteed sufficient funding to keep the club operating through administration, and done all he can to persuade the main ex-director creditors to write off their loans or turn them into equity. Other than that, who knows?

Also provided more transparency (financially and otherwise) and enabled more engagement with fans and Supporters Trust in a month or so than the previous regime did in over half a decade. 

Not much other than that I think.  

4 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

He was one of the main driving forces behind trying to move us to Kelty and didn't bother contacting players to tell them they had been released in the summer when he swanned off on holiday. He's conducted himself for the benefit of himself and that includes his little PR stunts over the last couple of weeks.

On the petrol money thing - we've never paid petrol money to players and the players' wages were being paid in full so who knows why he took it upon himself to pay for that.

It's quite possible there's travel expenses in at least some of the loan player arrangements.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

It's quite possible there's travel expenses in at least some of the loan player arrangements.

The loanees we have are from Premiership or EPL clubs. They're probably earning at least as much as most of our permanent players.

27 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Would love to see him in charge at Sevco. 

I do believe they are looking for a CEO right now, fortunately there is an experienced individual out there who could fill that void then re-employ Dunc as manager. That would be hilarious staunch.

7 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The loanees we have are from Premiership or EPL clubs. They're probably earning at least as much as most of our permanent players.

That's nice.

It doesn't change what I said though. We've had loanees from Premiership clubs who have still had petrol expenses in their loan agreements and we were a lot closer to their homes than Inverness are.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That's nice.

It doesn't change what I said though. We've had loanees from Premiership clubs who have still had petrol expenses in their loan agreements and we were a lot closer to their homes than Inverness are.

I couldn't be less arsed about the goings on at Queen of the South. The club have been paying the players the wages and expenses that they have been contractually obliged to pay throughout the last few months.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I think it's more the utter, utter pish the likes of yourself posts that's the problem. Anyone taking delight in the meltdown of any club (other than the OF) and thinking it's a bit of a laugh should go back to their colouring in.

Wait, its okay to mock some football clubs, but not others?  Interesting.

I don't know why you think there's any "delight".  All I've been doing is repeating back things the ICT fans have said themselves.

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Wait, its okay to mock some football clubs, but not others?  Interesting.

I don't know why you think there's any "delight".  All I've been doing is repeating back things the ICT fans have said themselves.

So what you're saying is you add nothing new or of additional value to the conversation? 🤷‍♂️

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

And yet, still significantly more than you contribute.

More posts does not mean more value I'm afraid.  

12 hours ago, Passionate said:

What happens to the players if they are released by the Administrator , because it is out the transfer window,  Do they have to wait till January to get a club or are they now free agents.....  An unusual situation..

When Dunfermline went into administration the players were given special dispensation to sign for other clubs outwith the window. Jordan McMillan joined Partick Thistle for instance. Also, I think Joe Cardle and possibly Andrew Barrowman offered to stay and play for free but the administrators wouldn't allow it, possibly due to not having valid insurance?

Just now, Salvo Montalbano said:

When Dunfermline went into administration the players were given special dispensation to sign for other clubs outwith the window. Jordan McMillan joined Partick Thistle for instance. Also, I think Joe Cardle and possibly Andrew Barrowman offered to stay and play for free but the administrators wouldn't allow it, possibly due to not having valid insurance?

The only question would be whether the new, slightly stricter, FIFA rules on transfer windows prevent this. But you'd hope not, at lower league level at least.

IIRC from previous administrations, I imagine all the loanees will return to their parent clubs immediately, players on shorter contracts will be asked to leave, and - obviously - any on particularly high wages. As much as the administrators will want the club to continue as a going concern, it's going to be a pretty brutal day. Any players in the above categories fans are particularly worried about losing?

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The only question would be whether the new, slightly stricter, FIFA rules on transfer windows prevent this. But you'd hope not, at lower league level at least.

After FIFA lost the Lassana Diarra case they might be more lenient.

Good chance the transfer windows might get removed all together in the very near future. Conflicition with EU law, bigger leagues (especially EPL) wanting to end window in coordination with other big leagues before the season starts and the big money on offer from Saudi league.

There seems to be a low level of understanding about the administration process and the involvement of the administrators. This is my understanding.
Their primary role is to provide a plan(I think 8 week time limit?) which will keep the club as a working entity and allow it to reimburse its creditors at an agreed level over an agreed time. Should the plan be accepted, the administrators will run the club during that period before handing it over to the agreed management. They will be paid to do this as part of the agreed plan, that’s a bit like employing a few (2or3?) with wages on the same scale as the recently departed manager.

If they can’t do that, they must liquidate the club and share out whatever assets are available.

The problem as I see it, is that football clubs have limited minimum regular income, attendance at games including hospitality etc. if there isn’t enough to run the club activities, with additional money to pay creditors and the administrators it comes to liquidation. So it’s down to creditors to agree either to forego reimbursement or at least accept minimal reimbursement over a period of time, or identify new sources of money. 

I hope that a plan can be identified and agreed, but it isn’t a forgone conclusion imo.

10 minutes ago, AtTheBorderGuy said:

IIRC from previous administrations, I imagine all the loanees will return to their parent clubs immediately, players on shorter contracts will be asked to leave, and - obviously - any on particularly high wages. As much as the administrators will want the club to continue as a going concern, it's going to be a pretty brutal day. Any players in the above categories fans are particularly worried about losing?

None of our players are contracted beyond the end of the season. A key factor will be who we are paying accommodation costs for - I imagine they will be the first to go.

It sounds like Mckay is staying given the talk of him becoming assistant manager. The other player likely to be on a similar wage is Devine but as he has his own house locally the lack of accommodation costs might save him.

In terms of our loan players, Newman, Ewan and Reilly would be no loss as they've hardly played. Nolan going back to Man United would weaken us but he's just been here for a few games.

I'd be unhappy to lose Musa Dibaga, Wallace Duffy, Remi Savage, Adam Mackinnon, Devine, Mckay or any of our young local players who currently make up close to half the squad. I think keeping our defence together so we retain a solid foundation is pretty important. Other than Mckay, in a footballing sense I wouldn't be unhappy to see any of our other attacking players go.