The New Raith Rovers Thread

25 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Wonder if John Sim knew that the AGM would be broadcast on the radio a few days later 🤷‍♂️

I agree with the K107 guys on outcomes and current direction of the consortium. Got chapter and verse in the 200 club Saturday.

Was pretty uncomfortable listening to the AGM, CEO, consortium talk as it seemed like info on the consortium was being shared to show they were ITK. It only takes a line to be taken the wrong way and from working with guys like Sim they can react badly. 

I would assume folk near the club always know something or other that isn't public. Sometimes best to hold back but I'm just super cautious. 

20 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

I agree with the K107 guys on outcomes and current direction of the consortium. Got chapter and verse in the 200 club Saturday.

Was pretty uncomfortable listening to the AGM, CEO, consortium talk as it seemed like info on the consortium was being shared to show they were ITK. It only takes a line to be taken the wrong way and from working with guys like Sim they can react badly. 

I would assume folk near the club always know something or other that isn't public. Sometimes best to hold back but I'm just super cautious. 

Perhaps, given the knowledge of the individuals in the consortium by the K107 guys, this was a sort of trial balloon or feeling out so that the two sides could better determine how the whole thing would be received. We know that the general tenor of the proposed deal includes keeping Sim around and involving the Kelty mob…but this way both of those sides can see reactions and comments. Anything likely to be tossed up against this idea would be circulating for their consideration, and both sides can see if they are comfortable with the overall response?

14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Perhaps, given the knowledge of the individuals in the consortium by the K107 guys, this was a sort of trial balloon or feeling out so that the two sides could better determine how the whole thing would be received. We know that the general tenor of the proposed deal includes keeping Sim around and involving the Kelty mob…but this way both of those sides can see reactions and comments. Anything likely to be tossed up against this idea would be circulating for their consideration, and both sides can see if they are comfortable with the overall response?

Could be, no criticism intended maybe just shows how worried I get that we end up in a worst place.

Like I said I got 2nd hand account via one of the consortium and I'm happy with what I hear. I just won't be racing here to share. 

15 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Would be extremely surprised if it was that calculated based on how everything else hasn’t been. Far more likely it was said because the guy’s brother is involved and he knew what information could be shared beyond what already has went out. It has also got people talking about his show so good for him.

1 hour ago, Always next quarter said:

Graeme and Sim seem to know each other based on previous shows, and as mentioned Graeme's brother is part of the consortium and he's checked on air if he's OK to talk about it. Its hardly a multi billion pound takeover. Sim has already alluded to knowing the older generations of family members of those involved in the deal. Kirkcaldy is a relatively small place and it's quite common for folk to know at least one person who has the inside track.  If it had been an issue,  I'm certain they'd have kept the topic very generic. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4303609/exclusive-raith-rovers-chief-reveals-timeline-for-new-investment/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

A better update there. Expected timelines, assuming no spanner is thrown in the works is the 12th/13th of May.

Says the consortium is taking a majority stake in the club and also a minority one in the stadium. Will be interesting to see the percentage breakdown of that. 

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4303609/exclusive-raith-rovers-chief-reveals-timeline-for-new-investment/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

A better update there. Expected timelines, assuming no spanner is thrown in the works is the 12th/13th of May.

Says the consortium is taking a majority stake in the club and also a minority one in the stadium. Will be interesting to see the percentage breakdown of that. 

I'll believe it when I read it in the FFP in 3 weeks, and not a minute before. 

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

Sim not an active partner…and I would bet on an agreement that lets them buy him out of SP too.

I like the outline.

I wonder if Potter is coming along to head up an academy/reserve team over the next few years with a view to producing our own players.

Because where do youngsters go now fife elite is gone? We have a reputation for giving young guys game time or  we did when McGlynn was here, Matthews and Vaighan both came through the youth rank, Bowie went to Fulham, Tait went to Hibs. Think next season could be a big one for Masson, Young, Mitchell and Arnott to kick on as well. 

13 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I wonder if Potter is coming along to head up an academy/reserve team over the next few years with a view to producing our own players.

Because where do youngsters go now fife elite is gone? We have a reputation for giving young guys game time or  we did when McGlynn was here, Matthews and Vaighan both came through the youth rank, Bowie went to Fulham, Tait went to Hibs. Think next season could be a big one for Masson, Young, Mitchell and Arnott to kick on as well. 

Dunfermline...

3 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

I think it is about time the 200 club and other clubs linked to the fans get together and instead of handing cash to the club generate enough to purchase either a decent stake in the club or the staduim itself. 

Good idea in principle, but Stark's Park properties might then start to charge the 200 club and the like for the use of the premises.

On 17/04/2023 at 22:52, raith1974 said:

You are right but heard he's coming in as a coach to assist Murray. 

On 18/04/2023 at 06:09, philpy said:

The next train will be arriving at apathy Central. Some folk are never happy. Shut the f**k up and be pleased that local folk are getting involved.  Yeh, it may be 2 "parsy hoors" and the Kelty clippy (ask yer granny). At least these people know how to run a business.  Two words - Claude anelka.

Avvvvvv sailed arrrrroooond this country