The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just watched the highlights back and Smith was onside despite looking miles off originally. It was actually a really good run and pass. 

Also credit where its due referee seemed very fair and let the game flow. 

23 hours ago, pub car king said:

That's another goal where Brown has been found wanting in defence. 

Incredible   The guy was 7 feet tall not sure any of our defenders are winning that header    Tbh   The guy that scored was Byrne’s man    Yes brown is not a centre half  what he does give you is a ball player at the back instead of Watsons hoof ball   The other thing on the 3 goals he apparently cost us was there was not enough pressure to prevent the crosses coming in today or against Ayr   I would point the finger at the full backs tbh    Not seen much criticism of the fact the game should have been out of sight by half time   I have concerns I about Easton and Vaughan over playing all the time   

50 minutes ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

Aaron Aarnott scored and own goal too is it wasn't a good day for Raith loanees

I noticed Ethan Ross wasn't in the Falkirk squad.

I'm trying to remember if he played for us against Cliftonville and is therefore cup-tied, or whether we're keeping him for the semis and final.😉

19 hours ago, SerieA said:

Sounds fairly positive for Matthews,Watson not so much.
Millen,Murray n Gullan back for next by the sounds of it-we’ll see though.

Hopefully Easton is fine as well.

Didn't hear any mention of Hamilton - wonder what the story is.

4 minutes ago, Craigus said:

Didn't hear any mention of Hamilton - wonder what the story is.

Murray had said previously that he pulled a calf muscle in training before the Dundee United game. 

I'm sure it was Hamilton we saw in the behind the scenes matchday video against Dundee United on crutches as the players came into the ground. 

Was hearing that Ross has been pretty poor for Falkirk. Not really been playing much recently and when he has played he’s been brought off. Not exactly vindicating all those who were outraged we let him go if he’s not even playing well for the team who’s top of the league in the league below. 

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Was hearing that Ross has been pretty poor for Falkirk. Not really been playing much recently and when he has played he’s been brought off. Not exactly vindicating all those who were outraged we let him go if he’s not even playing well for the team who’s top of the league in the league below. 

It's an interesting one. He'll not be able to play for anyone other than us or Falkirk so he might end up in a very brutal situation where he's not getting involved for either. It certainly came across in Barrrowman's interview that he was a prime candidate for someone we loaned out to make sure the books are balanced.

5 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I'm sure it was Hamilton we saw in the behind the scenes matchday video against Dundee United on crutches as the players came into the ground. 

Yeah I spied that as well. Good news though, Hamilton was in the main stand on Saturday against Montrose along with Corr, Matthews and Gullan and wasn't on crutches.