The New Raith Rovers Thread

That was awful.  Big Kev is a very good shot stopper, but at best he's not an upgrade on Mcdonald.  That was up there with an Andy Mcneil bottle job.  Absolutely terrible goalkeeping.

Not much else to say, one where we have to take the medicine I think.  Plenty banter and criticism will be flying Rovers way tonight, all deserved.

1 minute ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

I'll let you work that out 😊 you're obviously good with spelling and grammar. 

Your mum must be so proud of you 😍

You don't know do you?

22 minutes ago, alby81 said:

Game in our hands and cruising, same old crap, same old faces making same old mistakes, dabrowski would be more use to us sitting in the stands, defence looks like they have never played together, Murray needs to have a good look at his team selection, 

Big Kev can’t kick the ball either. 

Murray is quick enough to criticise when the young laddies make a mistake but not so much with “experienced” guys. 

I honestly thought he would have given young Corr a run out when Watson went off. What does that boy need to do to get a game? He should have got out on loan instead of leaving him on a bench. 

get McNeil in for a game as well. He done good when Kev was injured 

19 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

That was awful.  Big Kev is a very good shot stopper, but at best he's not an upgrade on Mcdonald.  

Interesting comparison point as I wouldn't say McDonald (aged 143 of course now) is particularly great either. A goalkeeper needs more to their game than shot-stopping and our turnaround in form largely overlapped with Ryan Mullen coming in for McDonald. He's more comfortable with the defenders (not perfect communication, but pretty good), has a good range of passing/kicking options and is faster and is more pro-active sweeping behind the defence too. We probably haven't seen the best of McDonald and he didn't make any egregious errors, but the upper bar of quality wasn't there IMO. 

If McDonald is still the benchmark for goalkeeper quality then you really have missed a trick in upgrading your team for a title challenge. Livingston got about 10 extra points from this division with Neil Alexander in goal and that's what any team probably needs to surpass a Dundee United squad with similar 'investment' being chucked at their squad.

Edited by vikingTON

4 minutes ago, mrraith71 said:

Big Kev can’t kick the ball either. 

Murray is quick enough to criticise when the young laddies make a mistake but not so much with “experienced” guys. 

I honestly thought he would have given young Corr a run out when Watson went off. What does that boy need to do to get a game? He should have got out on loan instead of leaving him on a bench. 

get McNeil in for a game as well. He done good when Kev was injured 

Murray should be taking most of the blame in these games we've thrown away, he has stuck with the same players that have made mistake after mistake, 

Dylan Corr looked a very bright young prospect at the start of the season and he has been warming the bench while defence make numerous mistakes, 

Again we are looking for other teams to pull us out a hole that we've dug ourselves, 

Still fecking raging at that 2nd half display even the 1st half wasn't nearly as controlled as it should've been, head tennis all night punts up the park to no-one, cant pass or control a ball to save ourselves, Murray you've let the supporters down again, and I cant see many 5 game tickets being sold on the back of that performance 

11 minutes ago, alby81 said:

Murray should be taking most of the blame in these games we've thrown away, he has stuck with the same players that have made mistake after mistake, 

Dylan Corr looked a very bright young prospect at the start of the season and he has been warming the bench while defence make numerous mistakes, 

Again we are looking for other teams to pull us out a hole that we've dug ourselves, 

It’s well known Murray goes for the “more experienced” players regardless of mistakes they make. Not sure why we sign them just to be “back ups”

A reminder that Dylan Corr's only senior experience before signing for us was with "Celtic B". I'm not saying we shouldn't give him game time, but there is a reason that he hasn't filled in despite our issues in defence. 

Is it really as simple as saying that wouldn't have happened if Kwith Watson didn't go off injured? The defence looked a lot more solid with him back in the picture, but there we are chucking away a two goal lead without him. If he's going to be out for any length of time again, I sincerely hope we wan somehow afford another defender from the slim pickings available. 

For me, Dabrowski has to take a lot of the blame for that, for chucking away an entirely avoidable goal for the equaliser. There is no excuse for it. 

Edited by Michael W

Ok so don’t 🔫 me but in all reality are we good enough and for SPL?! 🤷🏽‍♂️ as much as I love this club we are championship at the best. Let’s enjoy football and winning games. Not going into games knowing we are going to get pumped - and Murray certainly isn’t a SPL manager