The New Raith Rovers Thread

http://www.fifetoday. ..talks-1-2243624

Apparently there was interest in a takeover from the same mob who tried to buy Queens. Were the board correct to dismiss this out of hand, without so much as a meeting?

It all seems a bit crooked to me but nonetheless, I'm sure a meeting wouldn't have hurt. Maybe something to do with Jimmy Lindsay's suspension though.

You would have to imagine they may have done a little research before saying no, plus if u look at the last time we had someone offering that kind of money......

You would have to imagine they may have done a little research before saying no, plus if u look at the last time we had someone offering that kind of money......

Just the last time!

Anelka, the weegies with their alleged links to gangsters, Kelly...it's a string of disasters. The current lot aren't very good at balancing the books but at least they're Rovers fans.

Just the last time!

Anelka, the weegies with their alleged links to gangsters, Kelly...it's a string of disasters. The current lot aren't very good at balancing the books but at least they're Rovers fans.

well yeah it was just one example i was using. we might not like what theyre doing alot of the time but at least they are trying to do whats right for the club.

ANoyone know whats up with the OS?

The short answer: Yeah, it was moved to the .net site linked above, and Google hasn't caught up yet.

The long answer: No, I don't think anyone quite knows for sure. Best guess it looks like the club fell out with Jim Foy (or vice versa) who ran the old website. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that all the data on the old site was basically "owned" by Jim Foy, and that's why the new website is so devoid of historic content at the moment.

The short answer: Yeah, it was moved to the .net site linked above, and Google hasn't caught up yet.

The long answer: No, I don't think anyone quite knows for sure. Best guess it looks like the club fell out with Jim Foy (or vice versa) who ran the old website. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that all the data on the old site was basically "owned" by Jim Foy, and that's why the new website is so devoid of historic content at the moment.

It wasnt so much google, that was the link we had on our OS!

Heard wee rumours last night that Ryan Wallace is a shoe in for coming back next season, and also that we're going back to half part time half full time.

Wouldn't be at all opposed to either of those two possibilities. Wallace looks to have had a barnstorming season with East Fife, twenty goals from thirty one games is impressive for anyone, nevermind someone who we last saw playing in midfield.

As for the part-time/full-time stuff, I feel like we're well positioned to be "The Biggest Wee Team", picking and choosing the best part-time players. Guys like Dave McGurn who could go full-time but enjoy/need their work outside of football. Obviously I'm biased, but I think if we start taking on part-time players, there isn't a more attractive club for them to join.

I'm gutted to see the Binos at the bottom of the second. I've been to see them a couple of times this season and they haven't looked that bad! Obviously they were pretty woeful under Jocky Scott, but Greig McDonald's side look really unlucky to be where they are. Graham Weir still puts in all the work in the world but still doesn't look like he'd score if he was up against a Subbuteo goalie. Mark Ferry scored a lovely goal the last time I saw them, side footed it round the keeper from out by the corner of the box.

I've just had a wee look, and according to Wikipedia (yeah, I know) Fez has more than twice as many league goals as Graham Weir does (58 compared to 28) in just three more games (250 compared to 247)

You can use statistics to prove anything, but if you'd never seen Graham Weir play, you'd wonder how he ever managed to get a game for any club, nevermind forge a career in the game!