The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hopefully Ray's patience pays off. This is a very exciting signing indeed. Think I'll get the match stream for tomorrow, need to figure out how to get the Rovers Abroad coverage. Does anybody know what Chrome App is best for shielding that you live in the UK?

Edited by MC_Lachlan

Hopefully Ray's patience pays off. This is a very exciting signing indeed. Think I'll get the match stream for tomorrow, need to figure out how to get the Rovers Abroad coverage. Does anybody know what Chrome App is best for shielding that you live in the UK?

Vyper VPN - you can get a two day trial for it.

ZenMate is brilliant and very easy to use, I've used it before to watch a couple of Rovers games.

We've made it to the big time: A mention in the Guardian's transfer deadline live blog:

Striker leaves Leicester! Calm down ... it’s a loan move for the 21-year-old Harry Panayiotou to Raith Rovers.

Probably the only ever mention of Raith in the Guardian that wasn't linked to Gordon Brown.

In the second home game at Starks he scored from at least 30 yards out, I say nearer 35.

He scored a 20-25 yarder at home to Meadowbank. I seem to recall that 'scrappy' goal at Hamilton was a 18-20 yarder in a 2-2 draw.

Was his goal against Morton in the 4-3 away win not a peach? There were at least 5 or 6 that season. I still have the STV First highlights DVD. I'll try and get a watch of that and get back to you.

If I wasn't snowed under at work, I'd contemplate taking a sickie and watching it today. Might even take the DVD Into work.

Scotty, what about Brewster's goal against Dumbarton at Starks the day we won the league. Absolute peach from a couple of yards outside the box, left foot, curled in, low at the post.

The one away at Hamilton in the 2-2 draw is also way better than you remember. He gets barged in the back, steadies himself then unleashes one that bounces in front if the keeper and into the net.

He scores from outside the box against Morton in the 2-0 home game. Other goal in that one is a cracking overhead kick by Dalziel.

I remember Karl Hawley scoring against St Johnstone in a home thumping in lashing rain.

Well, I say Hawley scored. What happened was he burst through on goal in front of the South Stand, dinked the ball over the goalkeeper and the ball was trundling into the net... then it got stuck in the mud in the goalmouth. Only for a moronic Saints defender to come sliding into the mud and knock the ball over the line.

Almost as good as oor Harry's goal at Elland Road. It's a sign of world domination I reckon.