The New Raith Rovers Thread

United are also requiring you to log in to your account to buy a home end ticket, presumably to stop Raith fans buying them.

Potentially then that puts off casual United fans .. so you gain no advantage but lose a few 100 sales in each end.

9 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Running scared from what?? The game has to be played. This game is huge to Raith and seems to have Raith fans and their board  in a bigger Frenzy than anyone at Tannadice 

And who are you kidding 🙄

Just now, spot on said:

This game is huge to Raith and seems to have Raith fans and their board  in a bigger Frenzy than anyone at Tannadice 

What? We have pretty much achieved out season target already. Anything over and above is a bonus for us. What will happen to United if they stay down for another season? 

20 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

I get the frustration from Rovers fans over this, however, can we put to bed that United and Goodwin are bricking it playing this match therefore are holding back tickets. 

Are we saying that Goodwin has said "listen I don't fancy playing in front of 2,000 raith fans so can we sell them less tickets please" and the club then saying "OK, that's fine Jim we will do that" 

That's exactly what were are saying about your wee tinpot club 

22 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

I get the frustration from Rovers fans over this, however, can we put to bed that United and Goodwin are bricking it playing this match therefore are holding back tickets. 

Are we saying that Goodwin has said "listen I don't fancy playing in front of 2,000 raith fans so can we sell them less tickets please" and the club then saying "OK, that's fine Jim we will do that" 

😂 Your club has absolutely shat the bed over it.

21 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

I agree, it's unlikely to be the manager himself making these decisions.

But someone in your Boardroom must feel they'll get an advantage from having less Raith fans (but without the opportunity for more United fans).

The longer United stay silent on the reasons for restricting our allocation, the more we'll assume it's purely because they don't want a large and noisy away support helping our team on the field. 

As an outsider, both in terms of the fixture and sadly the title race, this makes no sense. 

If it were a safety thing then why not just come out and say; 

"Sadly due to safety issues/police advice, we have reluctantly had to reduce the capacity of the away end. We apologise to the fans of Raith Rovers". 

Dealt with.  

I think it's clearly obvious the Dundee Utd board are being very petty, whether it's due to a fall out between the clubs or being riled up online (surely not) or to gain some sort of advantage on the day (which doesn't always work, see the previous games at Starks). It just makes no sense to have empty away end seats which are in high demand and it's not as if these seats have been kept back for home fans. It's all very weird however it's Dundee Utd's choice. See if they said something like "due to segreation issues or structrual issues with seats in one particular section" I'd be inclined to believe them and accept it. But they've not give anyone a reason, it's just 'this is it, like it or lump it'. 

Edit: @John MacLean beat me to it.

Edited by Raithie

I have zero gripe with Raith Rovers or their fans and I've always had a wee soft for them since their run in Europe back in the 90s but hearing some of the chat in here has tainted my view on them. 

I've never heard anyone describe Starks Park as intimidating or the Rovers away fans give them an advantage over home teams so, again let's stop with this shittting it chat lads eh 

And I'll repeat and leave the whole chat on these 2 notes. One, I think you will get the whole shed eventually for your fans and two,  Goodwin will have 9,000 united fans putting pressure on him and his teams performance far bigger than any Rovers away support ever can 

Edited by Glen Scotia

3 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

I've never heard anyone describe Starks Park as intimidating or the Rovers away fans give them an advantage over home teams so, again let's stop with this shittting it chat lads eh 

The more you say it, the less convinced I am you’re not shitting it.

16 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

I agree, it's unlikely to be the manager himself making these decisions.

But someone in your Boardroom must feel they'll get an advantage from having less Raith fans (but without the opportunity for more United fans).

The longer United stay silent on the reasons for restricting our allocation, the more we'll assume it's purely because they don't want a large and noisy away support helping our team on the field. 

£4mill reasons and counting why utd should scrape for every £1 from away fans

I'm not even coming at this from the point of view of having a petty dig at my rival club...but this is an absolutely pathetic state of affairs. Have United shat it that much? Is this what we do now? Queens Park tried similar with us in the title decider game. Raith should do similar with the SPFL. 

A clear demand for extra tickets here stifled by the board of United to try and get a win off the pitch even if they can't get it ON.

Minging.

45 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

40 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

I have no idea but no one is "shitting" it. No disrespect but it's hardly 10,000 Galatasray ultras coming over. Its Raith Rovers. 

Jim's biggest worry is United fans turning on him if he continues to produce garbage 

13 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

I have zero gripe with Raith Rovers or their fans and I've always had a wee soft for them since their run in Europe back in the 90s but hearing some of the chat in here has tainted my view on them. 

And I'll repeat and leave the whole chat on these 2 notes. One, I think you will get the whole shed eventually for your fans and two,  Goodwin will have 9,000 united fans putting pressure on him and his teams performance far bigger than any Rovers away support ever can 

3 posts of absolute drivel, including that condescending pish about having a wee soft spot for Raith Rovers. United are obviously absolutely shiting it at the prospect of not going up and are limiting tickets to keep the away fans' noise down. It's hardly a complete mystery why they're doing it ffs. 

16 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

As an outsider, both in terms of the fixture and sadly the title race, this makes no sense. 

If it were a safety thing then why not just come out and say; 

"Sadly due to safety issues/police advice, we have reluctantly had to reduce the capacity of the away end. We apologise to the fans of Raith Rovers". 

Dealt with.  

Get oot o' here! 😄. That's far too sensible and rational for the rabid ramblings going on about this.

21 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

You are actually quite spot on here. If things aren't going well for Utd, I'm sure Goodwin and the board will definitely hear and feel the tension in the stands. Could massively back fire on the board. 

Just a shame. Just acknowledge it's a big occasion and do the right thing, give raith the whole of the shed, this bollocks going around about segregation... Shite. There's no even segregation for the Dundee Derby in terms of only giving Dundee 3/4 of the shed.

I believe we should have got the Jerry Kerr and Jim Mclean stands, with Utd getting the shed. If Utd sold out then would that not mean 10k+ Utd fans with potentially 2.5k+ Raith fans.

I also forgot to add the 1k + Dundee fans wanting to go and see you stay down 😂 

Edited by A_Rover_In_The_Burgh

Someone has said on Twitter (yes I know it must be true then) that Dundee Utd have cordoned off the first 6 rows which is causing the reduction in capacity of the stand. That might have some merit as there were boys standing on the wall at the previous fixure with stewards going mental at them. However if that's the reason, just come out and say that's why. 

3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

3 posts of absolute drivel, including that condescending pish about having a wee soft spot for Raith Rovers. United are obviously absolutely shiting it at the prospect of not going up and are limiting tickets to keep the away fans' noise down. It's hardly a complete mystery why they're doing it ffs. 

Coincidentally my other wee team is Dundee 

27 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Someone has said on Twitter (yes I know it must be true then) that Dundee Utd have cordoned off the first 6 rows which is causing the reduction in capacity of the stand. That might have some merit as there were boys standing on the wall at the previous fixure with stewards going mental at them. However if that's the reason, just come out and say that's why. 

Nah, why would they do that?? By saying nothing they've sent the raith fanbase, board (and hopefully players) into complete meltdown.

I predict they'll be that drained by their week-long tantrum that they'll no be able to concentrate fully come the 30th. 

A masterstroke by the utd hierarchy IMHO.