The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I think I’d be disappointed if we didn’t go unbeaten now considering the position we’ve played ourselves into. No club outside of the old firm has went a full season unbeaten, not in the 4 professional leagues anyway. That would be a monumental achievement, far greater than winning the league in a two hours race. 

A two hours race? That would be a marathon which I guess 5 seasons in this league is. The finishing line is in sight, let's get over it

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I'm really happy that these "day trippers" are coming along. Another 2,500 on the attendance for this 1 game will generate another £40K plus for the close season war chest - probably equivalent to another really good championship level player for JM for just 1 game unbudgeted income.

Great news on Spencers extension.

Not unreasonable to hope that a good % will become regulars, even a 10% uptake would be massive

Spencer signing an extension and Morrisons two year extension should not be underestimated, and a credit to every single supporter, patron, FSS, BOD and everyone else associated to the club. Can’t remember, certainly not for a decade+ have we got the core of the team signed nearly three+ months before the new season. Although we’ve a few games left honestly feel apart from the last game, the games are important in one sense going the season unbeaten, but season friendlies for me.
Really looking forward to the close season, new merchandise, some surprise signings and renewal of STs. 

Brilliant business getting Spencer on an extension 👏🏼👏🏼.

I think Finn is likely to move on but I’d be doing everything I can to get Dylan Tait and Ethan Ross signed up from the current crop. After that I’d be excited to see McGlynn recruitment 🙌🏻

14 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I think Finn is likely to move on but I’d be doing everything I can to get Dylan Tait and Ethan Ross signed up from the current crop. After that I’d be excited to see McGlynn recruitment 🙌🏻

You never know regarding Yeats; there’s plenty of time for him to sign an extension 

2 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

Here’s a scenario where the wages were diverted from Yeats (likely leaving), McGinn, Lawal, Allan, Bisland and Sam Long. Then to be ‘reinvested’ in to keeping Tait and Ross. Shuffle the pennies around as well as the players. Worth a try. 

Edited by GunnerBairn

1 minute ago, GunnerBairn said:

Here’s a scenario where the wages were diverted from Yeats (likely leaving), McGinn, Lawal, Allan, Bisland and Long to be ‘reinvested’ in to keeping Tait and Ross. Shuffle the pennies around as well as the players. Worth a try. 

McGlynn mentioned on the Falkirk FC podcast that they are still trying to work out deals for 2 or 3 of the current squad, I'd imagine that's Yeats, Tait and Ross. 

Shanley was quoted as having the option of an extra year when we signed him so that'll most likely be taken up. 

He also mentioned bringing a loan keeper in again next season to challenge Nicky for the number 1 as that'll help the budget so we may not be getting our experienced keeper. 

2 hours ago, Bairns1994 said:

You never know regarding Yeats; there’s plenty of time for him to sign an extension 

There is time but I think the more time that passes the more unlikely it is that he will re-sign. I’m hearing talk of Notts County being his likely destination. 

44 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

McGlynn mentioned on the Falkirk FC podcast that they are still trying to work out deals for 2 or 3 of the current squad, I'd imagine that's Yeats, Tait and Ross. 

Shanley was quoted as having the option of an extra year when we signed him so that'll most likely be taken up. 

The 2 or 3 deals, for me, is likely only 2 (ie offers for Yeats and Mackie). Tait and Ross we’re sort of at the mercy of Hibs and Raith’s intentions with them. I was hoping some clever slight of hand with our budget would enable us to make some kind of permanent ‘offer’ for these two as their quality is there for all to see. Better to table some kind of offer for them than none at all.

Edited by GunnerBairn

2 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

The 2 or 3 deals, for me, is likely only 2 (ie offers for Yeats and Mackie). Tait and Ross we’re sort of at the mercy of Hibs and Raith’s intentions with them. I was hoping some clever sleight of hand with our budget would enable us to make some kind off permanent ‘offer’ for these two as their quality is there for all to see. Better to table some kind of offer for them than none at all.

Ross is out of contract at Raith and as yet they haven’t offered him an extension. 

Just now, LatapyBairn. said:

Ross is out of contract at Raith and as yet they haven’t offered him an extension. 

It's really down to what Ethan wants to do. He's probably going to be playing second fiddle to Miller again next season and maybe he'd rather be playing every week. I'd totally respect that decision, were that to be the case. That said, I'd rather have him here. Clearly he's really good, and he'd have been a key player the last few seasons.

If we can't add 2-300 onto the FSS numbers over the next month or so we never will.  Really hope there's an option alongside ST renewal but would have sign up forms on seats and John McGlynn on the pitch with the mic on 4th for a rallying call!  

Let's get as much £££ as we can from the big crowd and feel good factor.  

Someone mentioned before that Ross was one of Raiths highest earners so it might be a hefty wage for someone who won't start as 1st choice.  I'd like to keep him though if a deal can be done. 

Tait will be more difficult to get over the line as he's still with Hibs though not many better loan options for him (or Hibs) than us.    

Confident Yeats and Mackie will resign

Don't see any reason why we couldn't get Dylan Tait on loan again next season given we'll be in a higher league 

Ross is the one I see as being less likely, surely he isn't going to be happy playing second fiddle to Morrison, Nesbitt and Miller? A quality player who will have plenty of options from other Championship sides and will want first team football imo