The New Raith Rovers Thread

Here's a stat - Davo did his level best whilst covering around the defence and on many occasions was no worse, and occasionally better than the man he was replacing. He's past it for midfield, we get that. He's almost been the definition of a utility player this season. Gets a hard time. Unjustified in my opinion.

At no point has anyone said Davo is a great player. What's the compatible stats for others ? Who has the best points for/against ratio per appearance, or are we just highlighting one players shortcomings ?

I'd be interested to see the stats for others. Johnston comes to mind.

Davo has been fine in defence.

Thomson has been poor this season too.

How many wins have we this season? 8 from 32. Honking. I'd be surprised if anyone had a good win percentage or points/games ratio this season. Maybe Vaughan? Possibly Stewart.

Davidson is a terrible footballer. His use of the ball in midfield is just pitiful. Against Falkirk and Dunfermline he was barely able to carry out even the most basic of passes without trying to blooter the ball as hard and high as possible.

Vaughan league record is good since he got canned just as things started to go downhill. 

Davo's result stats are pretty irrelevant as you could produce similar stats for the majority of the team. This run of form is down to far, far more than one player.

In fact I don't think it can be argued that Davidson has actually been a better right back than Thomson this season. Agree he is finished in midfield but he was never very good there to begin with. 

He seems a popular but strange target for abuse IMO. He is one of the few who can't have his commitment questioned this season. His distribution is and always has been pretty woeful but it's not really what I look for in a defender/defensive mid. That's what our 'forward thinking' players are for. 

Davidson is a terrible footballer. His use of the ball in midfield is just pitiful. Against Falkirk and Dunfermline he was barely able to carry out even the most basic of passes without trying to blooter the ball as hard and high as possible.

Do you think he's a "terrible" defender?

We have plenty good defenders but none of them can pass out of defence and that is a clear problem. The last two matches in particular have seen our defenders constantly lump high balls over the midfield and up to Hardie. Manager seems happy with this though and apparently it is all Ryan Hardie's fault for being too much of a nice boy.

Anyone know if Cuthbert or Stewart will be back before the end of the season? We sure could do with them for these last few games. 

11 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Do you think he's a "terrible" defender?

I think he's a decent defender, but he isn't being played to be a defender. He's being played as a Centre midfielder, and he's frankly awful at it.

I think he's a decent defender, but he isn't being played to be a defender. He's being played as a Centre midfielder, and he's frankly awful at it.

That makes him a terrible midfielder. To call him a terrible footballer is harsh, unjustified and incorrect, in my view.

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Each to their own, but any professional footballer who struggles to control a football in acres of space and resort to just booting it, id class as terrible.

Would you class M'Voto as terrible?

St Mirren tanking Morton. Bang goes our final strategy of hoping the other two teams didnt win another game....

Looking at the form guide that strategy was never going to work. So, can we cling onto 9th or will we end up straight down in 10th?

Don't fancy the chances of us fighting our way out of the play-offs.