The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, Buccanarab said:

Nah, why would they do that?? By saying nothing they've sent the raith fanbase, board (and hopefully players) into complete meltdown.

I predict they'll be that drained by their week-long tantrum that they'll no be able to concentrate fully come the 30th. 

A masterstroke by the utd hierarchy IMHO.

The most tinpot statement I have ever seen 🤣

Edited by Rover1883

10 minutes ago, Buccanarab said:

Nah, why would they do that?? By saying nothing they've sent the raith fanbase, board (and hopefully players) into complete meltdown.

It's fine, we'll just put out that video of Jack Hamilton sliding into Sunday. Goodwin was still greeting about it a week after in the Courier. 

In the 1980's I saw lot's of United games in the EUFA cup, most memorably I even took a day off school to get the train to Dundee to secure tickets for the Roma European Cup semi final.  A few years after that I was at the game where Gallacher scored to beat Barca 1-0. Even went to Hampden to see Special Brew beat the ****.

How the mighty have fallen eh?

Bad enough for their supporters that they have turned into such a shitshow on the park (mostly due to donkey managers like Goodwin and an  incompetent owners and boards) seems they've now gone an finally flushed any last vestiges of their reputation down the pan with this mishandling of ticket sales, what an utter shambles of a club.

Seems the arabs I work with (the ones that said Rovers would be a spec in their rear view mirrors by Easter) are too embarrassed to answer my messages and calls.

Priceless!

Dundee Utd have stopped new signs ups buying tickets for the home end (probably to stop Rovers fans buying them) and in the process this has impacted Dundee Utd fans being able to buy tickets. What a colossal f**k up and a half.

As a guy who grew up in the 80's, seeing the mighty, Barcelona slaying, Dundee United now proper shiting the bed about a home league game against Fifes "wee team"  is fucking glorious.

I sincerely hope it was the "sliding into sunday" tweet that done it.

If we win the league this season, that "tackle" was the turning point.

27 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It's fine, we'll just put out that video of Jack Hamilton sliding into Sunday. Goodwin was still greeting about it a week after in the Courier. 

I wouldnt expect anything less from Fife's second team tbf.

You've taken to your 'Rangers of the championship' role this season like a duck takes to water.

7 minutes ago, Buccanarab said:

Geezo, can I play as well? yOu ArE tHe WeE tEaM oF dUnDeE lololol. Lets not pretend if the shoe was on the other foot Dundee Utd fans wouldn't be up in arms as well. Sit this one out mate.

Think Stevie Wonder can see that the Dundee board, Jim Goodwin and every single United fan are petrified of the Kirkcaldy troops rolling into town.

Pavements will be worn to dust with Adidas Gazelle's dancing whether we have 10 or 10,000 there. Hopefully our fans do the right thing and take packed lunches versus buying a pie at the game, that'll show them and they'll be bust before the last playoff game.

Edited by ohnononowheredidRossgo

5 minutes ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

Think Stevie Wonder can see that the Dundee board, are petrified of the Kirkcaldy troops rolling into town.

On the balance of things probably not...

7 minutes ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

Think Stevie Wonder can see that the Dundee board, Jim Goodwin and every single United fan are petrified of the Kirkcaldy troops rolling into town.

Pavements will be worn to dust with Adidas Gazelle's dancing whether we have 10 or 10,000 there. Hopefully our fans do the right think and take packed lunches versus buying a pie at the game, that'll show them and they'll be bust before the last playoff game.

Better not let them see you calling them Dundee, might rattle them enough to end up with a further reduction in tickets. 

A peh, Shirley?

47 minutes ago, Buccanarab said:

You've taken to your 'Rangers of the championship' role this season like a duck takes to water.

Is this Jim Goodwin's burner account because you sound raging 

1 minute ago, buchan30 said:

Better not let them see you calling them Dundee, might rattle them enough to end up with a further reduction in tickets. 

A peh, Shirley?

Only good thing to come out of Dundee is a peh on a roll but we should stick to our principles and refuse the pehs.

I'd strongly advocate cheese and pickle sandwiches. Worst case scenario our lads get outnumbered by the Utd hardnuts you can always use your packed lunch box as a makeshift cosh.

Be careful lads and lassies you are in the mean streets of the City of Discovery.

1 hour ago, Buccanarab said:

You can enjoy being the “Rangers of the Championship” next season then. 

This whole situation feels like it was a least partly avoidable, and has ended up just creating a load of unnecessary aggravation for everyone. 

I wasn’t entirely keen on the tone of the Rovers statement on Wednesday night, and didn’t think United fans getting additional tickets for Stark’s Park, meant they had to do us any favours for Tannadice.

We didn’t offer them an extra 600 for altruistic reasons, it was because we wanted their money, but I can see why people have taken umbrage at it. However,  ultimately, United can sell them as they see fit. 

I’d presumed we’d be in the Fair Play Stand, hence the lower ticket numbers, however, once it became apparent that it was the stand behind the goals, and that they’d be dealing with sales themselves, the communication really had to be better. 

I was in at 10:02, and virtually everything was gone. I presumed that it was just the first section, but how was anyone supposed to know for sure? 

If there was a second tranche, what time were they going to be available, or was I just supposed to stare at a screen and refresh for an unknown period of time? Not ideal when most folk are presumably working.

I eventually got them through good fortune, just as the second block was disappearing too, but what we’ve now got is people sniping back and forth, due to poor planning, poor organisation and rubbish communication. 

I’ll presume it’s due to people at Tannadice being bad at their jobs, rather than being difficult on purpose, but for the build up for what’s a massive match to start in this way, and at least 600 folk to miss out on seeing the game for reasons unknown, is a all a bit of a nonsense. 

13 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

This whole situation feels like it was a least partly avoidable, and has ended up just creating a load of unnecessary aggravation for everyone. 

I wasn’t entirely keen on the tone of the Rovers statement on Wednesday night, and didn’t think United fans getting additional tickets for Stark’s Park, meant they had to do us any favours for Tannadice.

We didn’t offer them an extra 600 for altruistic reasons, it was because we wanted their money, but I can see why people have taken umbrage at it. However,  ultimately, United can sell them as they see fit. 

I’d presumed we’d be in the Fair Play Stand, hence the lower ticket numbers, however, once it became apparent that it was the stand behind the goals, and that they’d be dealing with sales themselves, the communication really had to be better. 

I was in at 10:02, and virtually everything was gone. I presumed that it was just the first section, but how was anyone supposed to know for sure? 

If there was a second tranche, what time were they going to be available, or was I just supposed to stare at a screen and refresh for an unknown period of time? Not ideal when most folk are presumably working.

I eventually got them through good fortune, just as the second block was disappearing too, but what we’ve now got is people sniping back and forth, due to poor planning, poor organisation and rubbish communication. 

I’ll presume it’s due to people at Tannadice being bad at their jobs, rather than being difficult on purpose, but for the build up for what’s a massive match to start in this way, and at least 600 folk to miss out on seeing the game for reasons unknown, is a all a bit of a nonsense. 

I think Raith's statement was entirely fair given that they knew we were in the Shed and United were leaving seats empty instead of selling them to us.

I like you assumed we'd be in the Fairplay stand until I logged in to buy the tickets.

Dundee, Aberdeen and the Old Firm have all filled that end, with far more propensity for bother.

Whatever reason it's for, it's not safety, and it's not to increase their own ticket share - which makes it very weird.