The Falkirk FC Thread

I near shat myself there just briefly saw Miller wearing a Falkirk strip  and  thought he had re signed! Right M&S get the rest of the imposters emptied, there was someone on the FB fans page reckoned Wilson was ok at right wing back.. get this lunacy stamped out now!! 

34 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Miller might just about manage in the lowland league. Absolutely unreal that both Sheerin and Rennie kept playing him last season. What a couple of diddies 

Believe he was seen as an experienced pro with authority  and first name on starting eleven, as the earlier posts stats show. Absolutely ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

If anyone was still or ever believing that we had signed Simon Murray on a pre-contract he just renewed with Queens Park 34 minutes ago.

Good. I really cannot stand him

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

If anyone was still or ever believing that we had signed Simon Murray on a pre-contract he just renewed with Queens Park 34 minutes ago.

Not a massive loss as he's really not clinical, far better than what we have at the moment obviously but hopefully Mcglynn will be changing that.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

1000 season tickets sold so far, how many did we sell last season? 

Exactly the same question I had. Thought it was roughly 2.1k? Sure someone knows the actual figure

Seems like a reasonable start to sales given last season and the signings so far 

Impressive start, what do we think is the likely figure? Around 2000?

I had a moan about not wanting to renew while watching Rennies shambles but I've since come to (or lost) my senses and I'm all in for this year. Think we've made some sensible signings so far but obviously this early there's a lot more work to be done before we'll be competitive.

Really hoping there's some way of punting McKay, Wilson, Williamson, Holt and Ross to free up more of the budget.

Our group dropped to 3 STs last year from 5 but its looking like it might go back up to 4 at the least this coming season.

I think this is the first time I've had a ST since greaseball Hartley was in the building.

Our group dropped to 3 STs last year from 5 but its looking like it might go back up to 4 at the least this coming season.
I think this is the first time I've had a ST since greaseball Hartley was in the building.
I think maybe this season is my first ST since then too. After he did well when he came in, then appealed for STs to boost the budget I bought, thinking I would do my bit and he might just be the man to take us back up.

Since then, the boardroom, not the admittedly horrifying playing squads are whats put me off. But it's our club again, so despite work ensuring I can never get to all matches, i put my money in in advance in the hope it makes a difference.

51 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Believe we had 2400 or there abouts. A great start.

2300 was the final tally.  

I suspect we won't be far from that figure again, though the cost of living crisis will have an impact. 

Last year we still had Gary Holt in the building, nobody knew when full crowds would return after covid and Sheerin was an unknown. The board weren't fully hated yet as the Q&A hadn't happened but they weren't universally loved either, despite the efforts of Batatabairn. 

We now have a popular board, no bogeymen hanging around and a manager who's well regarded and whose signings look promising.