The Falkirk FC Thread

they can appeal but it's through the courts of arbitration for sports. There is a way back for Bradford.

From my understanding its a risky move though as FIFA/UEFA dont like it when clubs do that.

I wonder if those on here that still believe in the Pressley building for the future pish can explain what part of the building project yesterday was.

Are we still digging the hole for the foundations?

I haven't even bothered to find out what his excuses were yesterday as Im sick of them.

I wonder if those on here that still believe in the Pressley building for the future pish can explain what part of the building project yesterday was. Are we still digging the hole for the foundations? I haven't even bothered to find out what his excuses were yesterday as Im sick of them.

Team are to blame, not him. And "at least their wages are being paid, so could be worse" appears to be the gist of it.

For all the younger guys reading this, enjoy Lyle Taylor whilst you can.

He's in the mould of far too good for us and this league. Players like him don't play for us often.

Taylor is a more natural goalscorer but we had a better striker last season.

He will be away in the summer, no doubt about that. Most probably a lower end Championship side will take a chance on the boy. Odds on Pressley finding a third straight 20 goals a season front man has to be extremely long. Mind you, nowhere near as long as the odds on our BoD allowing Pressley to build a competitive team without selling off the better players.

I don't see a Championship team taking a punt on him since he failed at Bournemouth. Lower League One is where I see him ending up. Your opinion on Pressley seems to change every month, is the current line that the BoD are holding him back? Was it not you who claimed our budget last season was lower than Cowdenbeath's in 10/11?

You don't see a Championship team looking at him? Where do Millwall and Charlton play their football? Both want him.

If we ha d tried to sell Stewart how much do you think we would have reasonably got? £20K at most?

Hilarious. I expect an appeal.

as top scorer in the division we should have been expecting to get roughly 100 grand for him...we would all have been going mental at that time had we sold him for 20. what i dont get about all this is that they couldnt have been given legal advice that they had a 100% tight case & we have been publicly bemoaning our finances for 2 years at least...so why didnt they offer us 50k to settle this at any time since he signed for them...i guarantee we would have bitten their hand off. i can only presume they took an arrogant view dismissing us as diddies & thought FIFA would go along with it. For once the authorities have backed the diddies & for that we should all be grateful

We turned down offers from Bradford of that region I am lead to believe. Well done to the club for standing their ground.

You don't see a Championship team looking at him? Where do Millwall and Charlton play their football? Both want him.

Going to have to go all OneF here and ask for a source on this. Have bids come in? Not saying you're wrong but this is the first I've heard/read of this.

Barr, Arfield, Wallace, Millar, Farid - we all read or heard about interest when they were moving on.

No heard a peep about Lyle Taylor.

BPM exlcusives are always months old and unsubstantiable.

I will be wrong then

I live down south and was told by someone connected to a club in the Championship. He said about four other Championship sides had watched him too.

Concrete interest or just watching him? Real Madrid and Barcelona watched Steven Fletcher, Man Utd and Chelsea watched Scott Arfield.

He's been awesome for us but he was an unmitigated failure a year ago at a level below the Championship whilst at Bournemouth. The perception down South of our league would be very poor I'd imagine, so I'm surprised if scoring goals up here for a season has made those clubs think he could do a job for them. I hope he gets a good move though, he deserves it.

Amusingly, Coventry might be the only place Pressley can go where his managerial talents will better his playing career.

Though that depends on whether you consider "horrendous" to be better than "ignominious".

Bookmakers must love Pressley. Even if it's just a few quid here and there, they might just sneak a bit of cash from people who don't know that he won't get another job and assume as he's favourite it must be a good thing.

I bet they've taken a couple of grand in total from the laughable Dundee Utd and Huddersfield rubbish.

Edited by H_B

He's been awesome for us but he was an unmitigated failure a year ago at a level below the Championship whilst at Bournemouth. The perception down South of our league would be very poor I'd imagine, so I'm surprised if scoring goals up here for a season has made those clubs think he could do a job for them. I hope he gets a good move though, he deserves it.

The lad has improved tremendously since he came up at first.

He is a much more complete player now. He will go back south much better prepared next time IMO.

He is a much more complete player now. He will go back south much better prepared next time IMO.

I completely agree, one of my favourite things about it him is that he seems to be better every time I see him.

Good luck with the Sportsmans Breakfast today btw, hope it goes well.

I completely agree, one of my favourite things about it him is that he seems to be better every time I see him.

Good luck with the Sportsmans Breakfast today btw, hope it goes well.

Cheers for the good wishes. Most seemed to have a really good time.