The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m not going to give the new board a hard time as I am aware that they have inherited an absolute mess. I will give them time to turn us around and steady the ship. I do however feel that this summer they are going to have to make a number of decisions that are probably going to be the most crucial in the future of Falkirk FC and they have to get it right.

Who is your new chairman now that Deans has gone?

What’s the situation with Callum Morrison? Rumours we were hoping to sign him in January but couldn’t afford the fee Falkirk demanded?How many years left on his contract and is he injured just now.  Always seems a decent player.

Don’t want Griffiths or Kenny Miller at Firhill, just out of curiosity are they likely to be with Falkirk next season do you think?

2 minutes ago, third lanark said:

What’s the situation with Callum Morrison? Rumours we were hoping to sign him in January but couldn’t afford the fee Falkirk demanded?How many years left on his contract and is he injured just now.  Always seems a decent player.

Don’t want Griffiths or Kenny Miller at Firhill, just out of curiosity are they likely to be with Falkirk next season do you think?

Hopefully both are gone. I also hope whoever recruited Miller whilst allowing him to work full time in Rangers marketing department is gone from my club too.

There’s just something toxic about our club, every player that comes under performs. Dowds and griffiths are proper players who look shite as soon as they wear a Falkirk top. It’s impossible to know what’s really going on. 
I think we missed an opportunity not taking Yogi as well. 

Guest Ecosse83

Whatever happens with the manager hopefully we hear soon. I know mathematically we can still make the play offs but that’s obviously not going to happen. Clarity for next season as soon as possible would be good. 

I also hope they rethink the fans meeting after the Montrose game, feelings could be running high and wouldn’t want it to turn toxic, no one would need that! 

Just now, Ecosse83 said:

Whatever happens with the manager hopefully we hear soon. I know mathematically we can still make the play offs but that’s obviously not going to happen. Clarity for next season as soon as possible would be good. 

I also hope they rethink the fans meeting after the Montrose game, feelings could be running high and wouldn’t want it to turn toxic, no one would need that! 

That is 100% the wrong thing to do. Never a bad time to speak to the supporters IMO. 

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

Best time to have it. 

I'd like to see whose available come the summer in the manager stakes. If someone like mcglynn is up for grabs then it's a no brainer surely.
Not getting the love for Mcglynn tbh, Ian Murray is the no brainer for me, plus his actions in the Goodwillie affair would leave bad taste in my mouth, our board may have wanted to sign him going by rumours but he actually did

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

That is 100% the wrong thing to do. Never a bad time to speak to the supporters IMO. 

Exactly. How would the bod and management look if they cancelled it due to a poor result. That's what deans mob would've done definitely. These guys aren't deans thank feck.

Just now, Amarillo Bairn said:
50 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:
I'd like to see whose available come the summer in the manager stakes. If someone like mcglynn is up for grabs then it's a no brainer surely.

Not getting the love for Mcglynn tbh, Ian Murray is the no brainer for me, plus his actions in the Goodwillie affair would leave bad taste in my mouth, our board may have wanted to sign him going by rumours bit he actually did

He's got Raith in the hunt for a playoff spot in the champ this season and they finished 3rd last season despite having to run a very tight ship.  His managerial record is head and shoulders above Murray's. I wouldn't be against Murray but mcglynn any day over him.

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Just forced myself to watch the highlights of their goal. What the f**k is Mutch doing? Don’t think he’s a terrible keeper but he doesn’t half cost us a fair amount of goals at the same time 

Yesterday he was terrible. Leo Fasan levels of terrible.

Edited by latapythelegend

20 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

No point having it days later when everything has mellowed out. Do it there and then and you'll get the best out of it from both sides.

Edited by latapythelegend

Guest Ecosse83
42 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Fair enough. Just wouldn’t want it to get toxic! 

32 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

32 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Never got it with Mutch, one of the critical failings to make him No 1. Never under any real pressure as those in pecking order were even poorer. 

55 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Not getting the love for Mcglynn tbh, Ian Murray is the no brainer for me, plus his actions in the Goodwillie affair would leave bad taste in my mouth, our board may have wanted to sign him going by rumours but he actually did

Can you afford Ian Murray though? 

Surely the money tree is getting more threadbare by the L1 season.