"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

9 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

There seems to be a low level of understanding about the administration process and the involvement of the administrators. This is my understanding.
Their primary role is to provide a plan(I think 8 week time limit?) which will keep the club as a working entity and allow it to reimburse its creditors at an agreed level over an agreed time. Should the plan be accepted, the administrators will run the club during that period before handing it over to the agreed management. They will be paid to do this as part of the agreed plan, that’s a bit like employing a few (2or3?) with wages on the same scale as the recently departed manager.

If they can’t do that, they must liquidate the club and share out whatever assets are available.

The problem as I see it, is that football clubs have limited minimum regular income, attendance at games including hospitality etc. if there isn’t enough to run the club activities, with additional money to pay creditors and the administrators it comes to liquidation. So it’s down to creditors to agree either to forego reimbursement or at least accept minimal reimbursement over a period of time, or identify new sources of money. 

I hope that a plan can be identified and agreed, but it isn’t a forgone conclusion imo.

It's very much Stage 1 of many at the moment.

1 minute ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

None of our players are contracted beyond the end of the season. A key factor will be who we are paying accommodation costs for - I imagine they will be the first to go.

It sounds like Mckay is staying given the talk of him becoming assistant manager. The other player likely to be on a similar wage is Devine but as he has his own house locally the lack of accommodation costs might save him.

In terms of our loan players, Newman, Ewan and Reilly would be no loss as they've hardly played. Nolan going back to Man United would weaken us but he's just been here for a few games.

I'd be unhappy to lose Musa Dibaga, Wallace Duffy, Remi Savage, Adam Mackinnon, Devine, Mckay or any of our young local players who currently make up close to half the squad. I think keeping our defence together so we retain a solid foundation is pretty important. Other than Mckay, in a footballing sense I wouldn't be unhappy to see any of our other attacking players go.

Punting Newman back to DU and getting rid of Dibaga would mean playing a 16 year old in goals. Can’t see that ending well. 

Got to imagine most of the young lads will still live at home or in digs so would hope they’d be fine 

Would a move to Kelty saved the club from this position? I understand the issues people have with moving the clubs training/staff to Kelty, I wouldn’t be too pleased with it myself, however would it have saved the club from entering admin? 

Regarding loan players, if we arent paying or contributing very little (with opportunity to renegotiate) then accommodation costs may be overcome if there are individuals associated with the club or willing to provide free or heavily subsidised accommodation.  There may be more likely that some loanees stay while contracted players with committed monthly wages are released. It'll all very much depend on the structures of deals SG put in place - so could be anything TBH

4 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Would a move to Kelty saved the club from this position? I understand the issues people have with moving the clubs training/staff to Kelty, I wouldn’t be too pleased with it myself, however would it have saved the club from entering admin? 

Ferguson said on his way out the door yesterday that Morrison would have funded us for this season if we had moved to Kelty. It would have meant no Admin this season but it would have just added to our debts, probably by another million or so, and we would have ended up in the same situation anyway. With a team training in Kelty rather than Inverness.

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

I couldn't be less arsed about the goings on at Queen of the South. The club have been paying the players the wages and expenses that they have been contractually obliged to pay throughout the last few months.

That's also nice. I didn't say you should care about Queen of the South. You're an angry man aren't you. 🙂

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Cameron Ferguson has been made redundant.

I'm sure he can find another club to get 5/10 mins running about not scoring or assisting 

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Surely Cameron Ferguson was not on a substantial wage? Seems mad he's the first one to cut.

I'd have guessed he was staying with his dad so he maybe decided to leave rather than having to find a new place to live.

2 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Shocked by how many Caley fans on CTO now have sympathy for Dunc and the board over this still and that some are even citing now he's gone we should be looking at x,y or z as a new manager along with options for new players when the administrators make their cuts today. Either many are just wishful thinking (denial) into the future or perhaps a sign that the majority of fans (probably across football) really have very little understanding of most things.

If there is one positive about this situation is that I hope it opens the eyes of a lot more fans and clubs as to how they run their business - its been some years since the last Scottish club went into admin and I think too often those that did it was obvious why the scenarios arose. Yes, we have been run badly but from the outside I'm not sure many would have said it was obvious we were a 'punching' club with 'disaster impending' over the last 10 years - much of how we operate financially is aligned to the majority of clubs (loans, written off debts & benefactors)

Wow. Many in fact did, 'from the outside', and requiring no particular insight to reach that pretty obvious conclusion. So did a fair view of your own supporters.

You're shocked at the naivety of other Caley fans, while pushing your own weird naivety about all that money you spent that you didn't have?

Supporters of other clubs really don't their eyes opened: most are aware, sometimes painfully, of the financial realities.