The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Mediocre Hat Stand said:

Good to see the Falkirk support rallying round the victim. 

IMG_1326.PNG

Jesus Christ. The reaction of a large minority of our fans to this has been a disgrace.

Edited by EdiBairn

Obviously we're dealing with fucking imbeciles here but what level imbecile do you have to be to broadcast it to a stadium full of fucking people?

I thought booing a Falkirk player at Hampden was as low as we could go as a support but f'ck me this is utterly depressing - I hope the culprits are identified, named-and-shamed and fucking prosecuted. Absolute c'nts.

And if any of the culprits are reading this then I'd like to wish them a sincere and utterly resounding f'ck you !!

In any group of fans you will have a racist element as it exists in society as a whole. Just read the Mail or Express if you have doubts. Fans are not happy at the teams results this season and Lewis has not been playing well by his own admission . Idiots shout the first thing that is in their heads and unfortunately in this occasion it was racist. We need to find the idiot or group of idiots and refer to police and ban from stadium. That needs to be the message sent

15 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Right.

If there’s a racist element in society, there’s a racist element at every club. So what you do, as every decent fan will do, is support the player, hound out the fans (however many) and make sure they never come back.

None of this “wait for the police” whatabouttery.

It just happens to be Falkirk this time. It’ll be another team next time, sadly.

This nonsense about decent fans hounding the racists out really has to get wound in. 

I shouted some complete bellend down at Stark’s Park in 2006 when he was abusing Marvin Andrews. I was nearly ejected myself for making a scene about it, labelled a grass when what I actually did was challenge him, not grass on him, and had about three years of guys clipping my heels and having words in my ear on the way out of grounds, and being told to watch myself coming out of pubs.

Why on earth should any “decent” fan put themselves in the position of fear and alarm when there are folk employed to deal with these things?

Maybe nowadays these things are taken more seriously, but from experience, doing the right thing just wasn’t worth it for me.

1 minute ago, Toby said:

This nonsense about decent fans hounding the racists out really has to get wound in. 

I shouted some complete bellend down at Stark’s Park in 2006 when he was abusing Marvin Andrews. I was nearly ejected myself for making a scene about it, labelled a grass when what I actually did was challenge him, not grass on him, and had about three years of guys clipping my heels and having words in my ear on the way out of grounds, and being told to watch myself coming out of pubs.

Why on earth should any “decent” fan put themselves in the position of fear and alarm when there are folk employed to deal with these things?

Maybe nowadays these things are taken more seriously, but from experience, doing the right thing just wasn’t worth it for me.

Seriously? What a bunch of scumbags there must be in your away support (or at least were back then).

I've challenged racist abuse amongst our own support before and I would again if I heard it. To be fair the last time I did was more than 20 years ago and before I was involved in the club. Several other people also shouted the individual in question down and he never uttered another word. It was long before I was working with the club though. If it happened now I'd have any such person removed and potentially charged.

3 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I'd be looking at removing season tickets from the people accusing him of lying tbh. We don't need these individuals involved with our club.

You really are a dick at times. Not one single person I've read have called him a liar, people are just saying they or people they know that were in that stand didn't hear it. Fucksake!!

Not a single question asked like when was it said have been answered. No one knows apart from the player and the nasty vile fucker(s) that were meant to have said it.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Seriously? What a bunch of scumbags there must be in your away support (or at least were back then).

I've challenged racist abuse amongst our own support before and I would again if I heard it. To be fair the last time I did was more than 20 years ago and before I was involved in the club. Several other people also shouted the individual in question down and he never uttered another word. It was long before I was working with the club though. If it happened now I'd have any such person removed and potentially charged.

It was two absolute cretins that I’ve not seen in years thankfully, and the reason I wasn’t ejected was because everyone else rallied round and said I wasn’t the problem.

But I’ve done it once and just wouldn’t do it again. The hassle it caused me was just too much and it wasn’t worth my while.

Standing up to folk and making them accountable for what they do in public is great in theory, but in practice it’s a terrible idea when you consider the folk that are likely to resort to racism are also likely to resort to other forms of intimidation if folk get their backs up.

8 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I spoke to one if our fans for shouting something at Armand One back in the day - he apologised and moved at half time

I see him occasionally at games and he still looks embarrassed about it.

No one labelled me a grass.

It's been made clear it was more than one person. 

To keep trying to say it was one person potentially lets someone off.

I've heard one racist comment in all the time I've been going to East End. Fortunately the player in question never heard it, and the person who shouted it was challenged and quickly apologised to those who did said challenging after claiming they 'got carried away'.

15 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

the nasty vile fucker(s) that were meant to have said it.

If you're saying that what Lewis said might not be true, which you are- "meant to have said it", you're saying he's lying. It's as simple as that.