The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I know it is third tier but it is the style that i like. I have always loved an attacking team and at times this season the pace and style has been unplayable. Calvin Miller has caused defences big headaches as they dont know what do do with him on one side and Morrison on the other.

but is it really better than when we had Coyle, Miller and Samuels as out front 3. Now that was a team. I'd even put those 3 in front of Cadette, Crunchie and Drinkell from the 92/93 season (and yes, I had to look that up)

Very interesting 2 mins there.

I was never a massive Holt fan but first 2 names mentioned there? McCann and Nesbitt. Then went on to say stupid player turnover was never going to be the answer - fact. 

My opinion on him revised to someone trying their best in a terrible, poisonous workplace due to other people. 

8 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree, I honestly feel like this is the moment I have been waiting for all my life supporting Falkirk. I would say this is the best the 50 years of following them has given me so far, Jefferies era was superb but for me this is better.

Don’t  get me wrong, a Scottish cup win and I would die a happy man but I’m enjoying this so much just now.

I realize I'm out the bubble here but I find that really hard to get.   

Jeffries teams gave Rangers, Celtic, Hibs and Hearts bloody noses, not Montrose, Kelty, Annan and Edinburgh City.   

No disrespect to the current squad but I don't understand how it can be a better time than under Jeffries......but then as I say I am out the bubble and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Regardless of all that, enjoy the day and stop comparing.

Hope you guys make it through the season undefeated, be some achievement.

Can see there being a roaring trade in navy scarves with 'INVINCIBLES' written on them, or would that be tempting fate, at this stage? All the best anyway.

Sheffield FSC hitting the road for possibly the best ever day watch this great club in a long long time. Can’t wait. Someone pour my first Guiness please 

19 minutes ago, BPM said:

Sheffield FSC hitting the road for possibly the best ever day watch this great club in a long long time. Can’t wait. Someone pour my first Guiness please 

Enjoy the day boys, 'try' and behave 🤣

22 minutes ago, BPM said:

Safe journey for a great day 

IMG_2471.jpeg

IMG_2470.jpeg

IMG_2464.jpeg

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I realize I'm out the bubble here but I find that really hard to get.   

Jeffries teams gave Rangers, Celtic, Hibs and Hearts bloody noses, not Montrose, Kelty, Annan and Edinburgh City.   

No disrespect to the current squad but I don't understand how it can be a better time than under Jeffries......but then as I say I am out the bubble and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Regardless of all that, enjoy the day and stop comparing.

I'm 47 and haven't seen the club as unified as this before. 

The Jefferies era was magical but there was still a lot of infighting with the board, police investigations and court cases...

Beating Rangers, Celtic, Hibs and rag dolling Hearts was brilliant but this era just feels different and I'm absolutely loving it as well.   

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Bula Bairn said:

I'm 47 and haven't seen the club as unified as this before. 

The Jefferies era was magical but there was still a lot of infighting with the board, police investigations and court cases...

Beating Rangers, Celtic, Hibs and rag dolling Hearts was brilliant but this era just feels different and I'm absolutely loving it as well.   

Agreed, the atmosphere around the club at the moment is as good as I can ever remember. The same goes for the football on show, it’s arguably the most attractive and attacking i’ve seen us all be it playing against lesser opposition than in the Jeffries or Yogi era’s but you can only beat what’s in front of you. We seem to be getting most things right at the moment, the football, the business operations, the new academy and have implemented a democratic fan ownership model that’s actually working. I don’t want to jinx it but it really feels like as a club we could kick on and go from strength to strength. That target of being back in the premier league by 2026 might just be achieved if we all keep at it and don’t let any inevitable bumps in the road derail us. The fans have a massive part to play in getting behind the club both in a general sense and a financial one to keep this momentum going, it’s important when some form of shit does hit the fan we do all stay on the same page and keep that positive energy going for as long as possible. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.