The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

You've got two Easton's in there.... 

It should help, eh? Twice the chance of a worldie…

I guess it should have been:

Masson/Watson/Corr/Dick

Easton/McGill

Mullin/Vaughan/Arnott

Smith

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

It should help, eh? Twice the chance of a worldie…

I guess it should have been:

Masson/Watson/Corr/Dick

Easton/McGill

Mullin/Vaughan/Arnott

Smith

You’re playing Arnott, who’s only ever played in a deep lying midfield role, in a wide attacking position?

Hope to see the strongest team possible take the park today. Get a big win and keep our fingers crossed someone else does us a favour. Could do with reaching the knockout stage to keep the feel good going. 

Edited by roverthemoon

Received my order today of both the home and away tops, and have to say that I am extremely pleased with them and so glad to have went the 1 size up, as it fits really well.

Thank you to all of you who suggested going the next size up.

13 hours ago, TxRover said:

So, Annan, a need to do well to possibly advance, but also a need to play some players and perhaps rest a couple. I’d say leave Gullan and perhaps Stanton out. Maybe:

Masson/Watson/Corr/Dick

Easton/McGill

Mullin/Easton/Vaughan

Smith

After the half; Hamilton for Smith, Murray for Watson or Corr and perhaps Mitchell for either Mullin or Vaughan.

You are grippit for Masson to play eh! 

Must win game - current team playing well. Wouldn’t imagine we’ll change much. 

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

I'm thinking that Murray will get a run today and Hamilton in for Gullan.

Hamilton will be an interesting one. Does he have the same workrate as Gullan does? Murray wants to play the formation he's playing and expects his team to press and defend from the front. What i've seen of Hamilton previously is he's not a full blooded pressing and chasing back type, but hopefully that gets instilled in him and we keep doing what we're doing to press and win possession back high up the pitch. Otherwise we get countered much more easily.

57 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Hamilton will be an interesting one. Does he have the same workrate as Gullan does? Murray wants to play the formation he's playing and expects his team to press and defend from the front. What i've seen of Hamilton previously is he's not a full blooded pressing and chasing back type, but hopefully that gets instilled in him and we keep doing what we're doing to press and win possession back high up the pitch. Otherwise we get countered much more easily.

I don't think he is that type of forward, but he is a decent target man and a proper number 9. We need goals today, Gullan went of during the week so bring in Hamilton and hope he gets a couple of goals before next weekend. Same with Murray he needs a run out to get him ready for next week. Would be good to see a couple of our injured players return and have a stronger bench.