The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Don’t understand all the hate Rudden gets on here?

I thought he done okay for us, especially taking in to account that he came in ‘cold’ having played very little football at Dundee. Always put in a shift even if the end product wasn’t what we all hoped for. I’ve zero ill will towards him.

If it is to be Queens he ends up at, I think he will do well for them, not a like for like for Paton by any stretch in terms of out and out goalscorer but he will still do well…

I've absolutely zero hate towards Rudden, but I'm not disappointed that we haven't re-signed him.

He had a wee purple patch from mid February to early March, but never hit any sort of form thereafter.

1 hour ago, Pride of Fife said:

If it is to be Queens he ends up at, I think he will do well for them, not a like for like for Paton by any stretch in terms of out and out goalscorer but he will still do well…

Seems as if Paton is away down south and they've already lost Sheridan, if he's their replacement for them I think they'll struggle hugely

11 hours ago, Pride of Fife said:

I thought he done okay for us, especially taking in to account that he came in ‘cold’ having played very little football at Dundee. Always put in a shift even if the end product wasn’t what we all hoped for. I’ve zero ill will towards him.

Not sure there’s any hate for Rudden he’s just not a player anyone is thinking we should be interested in as he was pretty bang average last season for us. There’s no doubt he can do a job for a club at this level and perhaps coming in cold  as you say was the real issue but he just doesn’t seem to offer us anything we don’t already have.  Signing Rudden would seem a bit of a panic buy for us just to have an extra striker. I’d hope the club are looking at other options that might offer us something different. No doubt Rudden will now have a stormer against us if he plays for Queens as that’s always the way. 

14 hours ago, MICMAC said:

I must've been asleep for this one. Simon Murray re-signs for Dundee on a 3 year deal for a 6 figure amount.

Good result for us in the cup. Just Ronan Hale to worry about. 

Not seen Hale kick a ball in real life yet, he wasn’t signed by first or available for second pre-season friendly. Only got YouTube to go on. Hopefully he keeps up the cracking form he had at Cliftonville but it’s a bit of a jump and my guess is he’ll have a good half season fitness / learning curve.

(I’m very sad to see Murray go but totally understand the well publicised family reasons). 

What's the sizing like on the new tops because Joma are all over the place. 

Last years zip up hoodie I have in a large, however I also have  zip up jacket in an XL. 

Season before lasts home top (red pinstripe) is an XL and although not skin tight is "fitted". 

I'm a medium in nike and adidas.

3 hours ago, pub car king said:

What's the sizing like on the new tops because Joma are all over the place. 

Last years zip up hoodie I have in a large, however I also have  zip up jacket in an XL. 

Season before lasts home top (red pinstripe) is an XL and although not skin tight is "fitted". 

I'm a medium in nike and adidas.

I’m a large in everything I own, but the away strip is what I’d say is a fitted XL. Ain’t no hiding place in it, that’s for sure. 

5 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Is there a raith TV audio broadcast for this? Trying to log in but it won't let me.

I clicked on Raith TV on the website.

I had to re-enter my name and season ticket seat to reactivate it.

Accessed the audio successfully by doing it that way, although the quality has been iffy so far.

Hope this helps.

3 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

I clicked on Raith TV on the website.

I had to re-enter my name and season ticket seat to reactivate it.

Accessed the audio successfully by doing it that way, although the quality has been iffy so far.

Hope this helps.

Cheers. Tried that but no luck.

Incredibly poor audio today for those that can't make the game. I think the onus should be on the home side to provide facilities for both sides to provide commentary of games. It shouldn't be this difficult to provide a proper connection these days.

21 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Incredibly poor audio today for those that can't make the game. I think the onus should be on the home side to provide facilities for both sides to provide commentary of games. It shouldn't be this difficult to provide a proper connection these days.

Davie on Raith TV said Stirlng hoped to do a stream but to no avail. Sound excellent now and rovers two up due to Aidan Connoly double. Mon the Rovers!

19 hours ago, Pride of Fife said:

I disagree. He contributed well in his first few matches, but was a total waste of a shirt after that. I certainly wouldn't accuse him of shirking, but he was frequently found behind play or in the wrong place and I have never seen a tall player that is so rubbish at winning headers. It was like being a man down at times and his inability to stay onside during the playoffs also seriously tested my patience. 

Anyone at the game today with some insight to how we looked? 

Great to see connolly starting the season with a hatrick. Hopefully he recaptures his form from before last season. 

Eta: anyone know the opening times for the club shop this coming week? 

Edited by grumswall

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Anyone at the game today with some insight to how we looked? 

Great to see connolly starting the season with a hatrick. Hopefully he recaptures his form from before last season. 

Eta: anyone know the opening times for the club shop this coming week? 

It's hard to tell how good we are against a League 2 side however I thought we were pretty solid. Stevenson and Easton linked up really well on the left hand side and it will be interesting to see how that develops over the season. 

We controlled the game, controlled the tempo and never really looked like letting Stirling into it. 

On the one hand, we looked good down the left hand side, and Stirling looked to double up on Easton which didnt work when Stevenson came up the inside channel, but I don't think Aidan Connolly drifting off the back post into space is going to yield that many goals in rhe championship.

Smith was busy but didnt really look like the answer to our striker issues, we are still light there and need Vaughan for his creativity and ability to disrupt defences.

So aye, a few pluses and no real minuses. We don't look like the finished article but dealt with the game in a professional manner that some other championship clubs can only dream of, I guess.