The New Raith Rovers Thread

i dont get how some of my fellow rovers fans can happily sit back and accept that we were beaten 4-0 by the better team!

yes hearts were really good and yes dundee were also good going forward and quite easily couldve scored 8 passed us last night, but these players selected for raith are making terrible decisions during games, and its these decisiosn that are costing us goals,

last night, three out of the 4 attacking dundee players were allowed time on the ball, and freedom arround the box to adjust themselves to shoot on their stronger foot,! why? because theyve beentrained and told to do so, we set up so narrow its un heard of, at one point last night dundee centre half ran 50 yards with the ball un challenged, and dundee had 4 players 2 either side of the pitch almost on the side line and not a raith player near them for 15/20 yards! this happened on more than one occasion!

28 games since January 1st 2014. 16 lost. 8 won. 4 drawn.

anyone want to argue with me and say these are stats more than capable of keeping a manager in his job?

Dundee fans said pre-season, whatever you do, don't play Nade up top on his own and don't just punt the ball up to him as despite his physique that just isn't his game at all. Raith seemed to base their entire play on that last night. Playing Mark Stewart in an attacking midfield role (Or playing him at all really) wasn't exactly a brilliant idea either.

Oddly enough Mark Stewart is probably one of our better players so far this season, understandably he was dogs**t elsewhere, including at you lads at Dundee, but for me out of the new signings Stewart & Conroy are the only 2 that have pass marks in the opening 5 or 6 games !

Not great we could possibly have another 2 injuries, which now means we could be looking at Stewart/Vaughen up-top with Ellis/Watson as the Cbs this weekend .... More worryingly so, will we even have 5 lads to fill the bench or should one of us be looking to get our boots out !?

Would it be possible to get Danny Lennon, as a former player, to do the half-time draw at the next home game please.

Just maybe this would make Murray realise that there are other competant managers out there.

This is not all Grants fault. He has a decent sized team working with him. What on earth are they doing?

Oddly enough Mark Stewart is probably one of our better players so far this season, understandably he was dogs**t elsewhere, including at you lads at Dundee, but for me out of the new signings Stewart & Conroy are the only 2 that have pass marks in the opening 5 or 6 games !

Not great we could possibly have another 2 injuries, which now means we could be looking at Stewart/Vaughen up-top with Ellis/Watson as the Cbs this weekend .... More worryingly so, will we even have 5 lads to fill the bench or should one of us be looking to get our boots out !?

this could end up being a blessing in disguise. perry has been woeful. so lets put young bates in with watson, the young lad cannot do any worse than perry, and will probably be easily coached through a game by watson that what perry does.

it may also force murrays hand that nade got injured and it did look a serious enough injury to keep him out for a few weeks so murray may well look at getting a loan striker in as stewart and vaughan isnt the answer up top i dont think, on their day they can both cause problems but scoring wise dont show enough in front of goal. and again, pl;ayin gtwo quick midgets in vaughan and stewart will mean 100% will not get any spare change out of long punts up the park, so football wise we need to be creative.

as for the lads who may fill the bench... we have plenty 17/18/19 year old talented players in our squad... if theyve been good enough to offer a contract in the first place and are good enough to get a squad number they are good enough to be given a chance when the time comes!

this could end up being a blessing in disguise. perry has been woeful. so lets put young bates in with watson, the young lad cannot do any worse than perry, and will probably be easily coached through a game by watson that what perry does.

it may also force murrays hand that nade got injured and it did look a serious enough injury to keep him out for a few weeks so murray may well look at getting a loan striker in as stewart and vaughan isnt the answer up top i dont think, on their day they can both cause problems but scoring wise dont show enough in front of goal. and again, pl;ayin gtwo quick midgets in vaughan and stewart will mean 100% will not get any spare change out of long punts up the park, so football wise we need to be creative.

Yeah i do agree with most of that i suppose ... I actually thought Bates looked not to bad in the pre-season friendly's i went to & i do rate Vaughen highly - he can definitely be a good player for us. As you say though, that still questions where will the goals come from ...

Perry im 50/50 on, he hasnt done much "wrong" so to speak in the way or individual errors that i can recall (i could be wrong?) but he is one of these "hit and hoof" type players that lacks composure !

I have been surprised we havent done any loan deals what so ever this season, having 2 or 3 is the norm for us ! We may well need them now ...

Yeah i do agree with most of that i suppose ... I actually thought Bates looked not to bad in the pre-season friendly's i went to & i do rate Vaughen highly - he can definitely be a good player for us. As you say though, that still questions where will the goals come from ...

Perry im 50/50 on, he hasnt done much "wrong" so to speak in the way or individual errors that i can recall (i could be wrong?) but he is one of these "hit and hoof" type players that lacks composure !

I have been surprised we havent done any loan deals what so ever this season, having 2 or 3 is the norm for us ! We may well need them now ...

But but, Murray is happy with his squad. There won't be any new signings. I'd rather we use the money made last season to terminate his and smudges contracts.

Think its unfair to criticise Cuthbert. He had two or three very good point blank saves which kept the score down last night and he's having to operate with the bombscares that are McKeown and Perry in front of him. The defending for that first goal was behind horrific

This squad looks a lot weaker than last years and given how last years finished the season then that's a huge worry. We do have a lot of injuries which to be honest is the one thing to cling to at the moment. I didn't expect us to beat either Hearts or Dundee but I had hoped we'd have put in more of a show rather than capitulating so easily in both games.

Need to steady the ship on Saturday against Cowden

Edited by roverthemoon

Hmm, which board member is Rover the moon bingo. I mean, are you for real. What is it you see that we don't. I really hope your on a fishing trip. This management and BoD are totally bereft of ideas. No strength in depth, that's another 2 players injured, and by the looks of things we'll go into Saturdays game with Laurie Ellis at left back and the teenagers. But you bash on, Murray needs time.

Why would Laurie be playing left back?

Is McKeown injured or suspended?

Another shite result last night. As has been said above, I didn't expect to beat Hearts or Dundee, but surely no Rovers supporter out there can see silver linings with two 4-0 hammerings in a row?

Questions need to be asked if we capitulate in such a manner to a weak Cowdenbeath team on Saturday.

Why would Laurie be playing left back?

Is McKeown injured or suspended?.

I would imagine he meant left centre back.

I wouldn't mind Ellis playing. He's my favourite player. I am fully aware he isn't that good now though.

Even if Nade and Elliot are out for Saturday I can't see Murray bringing someone in as quickly as Saturday. He'll lump Stewart up front. CowdenConvert summed it up after our win against Alloa in the sense we'd get humped by Hearts then be calling for Murray's head before the Cowden game. Wonder if he knows what the lottery numbers are for this weekend?