The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hopefully not Naysmith. He's hardly set the heather alight at East Fife and it does actually concern me that we seem to have interviewed him. Of the 100 that applied, I really wouldn't have thought he'd be in the top 6.

Cleland is an interesting one, and also a bit left field. I wouldn't be opposed to that given St Johnstone's performances over the last couple of years.

Out of all the names mentioned I still think I would only be happy with Adams or Lennon, 1 of which seems more of an obvious mover than the other ...

Although I agree finding a decent experienced manager is exactly like looking for a 20 goal a season striker (literally non-existent for us) I still feel appointing someone who hasn't done something at this level is just another "Murray" type gamble, a gamble in which IMO I would rather not try take at this minute in time !

Despite saying that, if we had to, the only "gamble" that would possibly interest me would be Clelland, if he has had anything to do with St Johnstone's success over the last few seasons then I suppose I'd happily be willing to give him a go ...

Cleland sounds a decent possibility. He will also have a long standing connection with Malpas from his Dundee United days.

Gary Naysmith I'll pass on. He has hardly done anything special at East Fife.

I heard Naysmith on the radio and he came across reasonably well. Anyone seen East Fife this season to offer an opinion in how they were playing? Obviously, they have worse players than us, so maybe he could do better with better (and full time) players. Tam might get his wish of signing Riordan.

Clelland? Well, if the Board are keen. No doubt people within the game have a better idea of potential candidates than we do.

Wonder who the others that were interviewed were?

Hopefully not Naysmith. He's hardly set the heather alight at East Fife and it does actually concern me that we seem to have interviewed him. Of the 100 that applied, I really wouldn't have thought he'd be in the top 6.

Cleland is an interesting one, and also a bit left field. I wouldn't be opposed to that given St Johnstone's performances over the last couple of years.

Naysmith's frustration, when he was being interviewed on the radio, was on the issues of dealing with part-time footballers and the effect this had on trying to get success on the park. Maybe he would perform better with better players. Then again, maybe not. Probably not anymore of a risk than Clelland.

I heard Naysmith on the radio and he came across reasonably well. Anyone seen East Fife this season to offer an opinion in how they were playing? Obviously, they have worse players than us, so maybe he could do better with better (and full time) players. Tam might get his wish of signing Riordan.

Clelland? Well, if the Board are keen. No doubt people within the game have a better idea of potential candidates than we do.

Wonder who the others that were interviewed were?

Means nothing, really. His managerial career achievements to date include failing to save East Fife from the drop and failing to get East Fife promoted. Not exactly a step up on Murray.

Naysmith's frustration, when he was being interviewed on the radio, was on the issues of dealing with part-time footballers and the effect this had on trying to get success on the park. Maybe he would perform better with better players. Then again, maybe not. Probably not anymore of a risk than Clelland.

If his was the only part time team in a league of full timers, that critque might be legitimate, but the teams who finished above EF in league 2 are all part time, and their managers seemed able to coax success out fo their players just fine.

Means nothing, really. His managerial career achievements to date include failing to save East Fife from the drop and failing to get East Fife promoted. Not exactly a step up on Murray.

As long as his interviews don't offend me. That's all that really matters.

If his was the only part time team in a league of full timers, that critque might be legitimate, but the teams who finished above EF in league 2 are all part time, and their managers seemed able to coax success out fo their players just fine.

Tell it to the Board.

Anyway, there's no telling he's getting the gig. All I take from this is that money is possibly a major factor in who we appoint and/or we want a younger manager who wants to prove himself.

Whoever we get, their success or otherwise will be hugely down to the signings they make over the summer.

If raith get cleland would be a fantastic appointment been touting him for cowden would love him with us seemingly is a fantastic coach an herd he is ready to be a number one if appointed to you guys your onto a winner if yoos appoint naysmith can see raith struggling next season. Like said above done nothing with east fife..

Really hope it's not Naysmith. We've nearly had a decade of the "Jim Jefferies school of management" and the fans are frankly tired of it. If it's Naysmith we should have just kept on Murray as it will likely just be more of the same.

I'm assuming money is a big factor going by the names mentioned. Maybe Adams was asking for too much moolah.

Or maybe the board think he's a jumped-up little p***k.

Cleland sounds an interesting possibility.